The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

ECCC - Seattle, Wa - March 1-3, 2013

+3
Lord Bruticus
Devatha Riln
Jaro
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ECCC - Seattle, Wa - March 1-3, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: ECCC - Seattle, Wa - March 1-3, 2013

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Unless it is regarding cheesecake ...

Back to top Go down

ECCC - Seattle, Wa - March 1-3, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: ECCC - Seattle, Wa - March 1-3, 2013

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 am

Kibiri Foxx wrote:Unless it is regarding cheesecake ...

Of that, I have no objection. What a Face

While we're on the topic of a future TDE table at this event, though, I think our Jen'ari should weigh-in on this...

My own opinion, however, regarding TDE-only photos at activities, is simple: if we're guests of another group, there's no problem with doing a TDE-members-only photo, as long as there is a photo with TDE members and the other costuming groups, too!

As far as making ECCC a TDE-tradition, I'd love for TDE to have a fan table at every convention out there, like the Legions seemingly do. We need to grow, obviously, first. Once we've shown that we can reliably staff a table under our own banner without the risk it being unmanned (a mandate in our Charter, and at most cons), then we can see about doing that. A typical two-day con requires a minimum of five members to pull that off without any problems.

For now, I love seeing the groups work together like this; it not only shows camaraderie, but also reflects our overall purpose - to work together as costuming brethren for the betterment of our communities.

Of course, starting some kind of TDE-only tradition at a con like simply taking a group pic is perfectly a-ok. We already do that at cons, anyhow.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 am

I would like to also announce that this even will have "the great battle of the cheesecake" as both ORB AND TDE members will be present for the dinner. We plan on getting a rather large cheesecake and seeing which side wins- the dark side or the side that smells like one's side which is dark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 am

Ahh... TDE and ORB dining together... with CHEESECAKE for dessert!! Now, I wish I could be there, for sure!!

Do the Empire proud, all ye who are TDE... You have been well trained! ORB shall be no match for you and the power of your post-cheesecake dark sides! ECCC - Seattle, Wa - March 1-3, 2013 - Page 2 1262993100

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Devatha Riln Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:15 am

Yep.

Unless they've got another one, I was planning on making my double chocolate cheesecake to bring. (Heck, I'd probably make it anyway. lol)
Devatha Riln
Devatha Riln
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE006 / SRS003

http://barghest1031.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:48 am

Lord Bruticus wrote:
Kibiri Foxx wrote:Unless it is regarding cheesecake ...

While we're on the topic of a future TDE table at this event, though, I think our Jen'ari should weigh-in on this...

My own opinion, however, regarding TDE-only photos at activities, is simple: if we're guests of another group, there's no problem with doing a TDE-members-only photo, as long as there is a photo with TDE members and the other costuming groups, too!

As far as making ECCC a TDE-tradition, I'd love for TDE to have a fan table at every convention out there, like the Legions seemingly do. We need to grow, obviously, first. Once we've shown that we can reliably staff a table under our own banner without the risk it being unmanned (a mandate in our Charter, and at most cons), then we can see about doing that. A typical two-day con requires a minimum of five members to pull that off without any problems.

PM Sent to Jen'ari instead of publicly posted

-Tony

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm not the Jen'ari; I outrank him -- LOL. I responded to your PM.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Greetings Kibiri,
I am planning - tentatively on making an appearance in the northern reaches of my temple. As such, you can nount on me being available to troop up with you guys. Ill keep you posted on any and all changes.

Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE166
Location : Sol system - Earth, western hemisphere, north American continent, west coast, republic of California, county of Orange, lake forest

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://www.starsabers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaro Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Awesome, list updated!
Jaro
Jaro
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE116/SRS010

Character sheet
member sheets: Darth Tanis Apprentice: Darth Ruby Sprinkles

https://facebook.com/Jaroscustoms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Outstanding!!! Very Excited!

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 am

I'm one for tradition. If the going belief is that trooping and purely trooping is the concensus. However I feel that simply trooping is not enough here down in the south ( chews straw thoughtfully and spits) we like to try and raise money during events, but with no table... I suggest then a middle ground. A hollow-cron. This should be carried and donations for pics going to a local childrens charity. So long as this does not conflict with other groups, this is a great opportunity for members to practice public interaction and cross grouping!
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Location : Sol system - Earth, western hemisphere, north American continent, west coast, republic of California, county of Orange, lake forest

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:41 am

Ill share my beliefs and ideas to all here if you want them. I'm not sure, but there is a good chance I have trooped more than anyone in The Dark Empire and know what works in this area in particular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:52 am

Askai I'm glad we are on the same page about that. We are currently inquiring through a couple different charities to work something out for this and will be releasing details in thr near future. And I totally agree! We are a pretty fun and crafty bunch here so I don't think you will be disappointed one bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 am

@ Gymbeau, all input is welcome, and implementation of great ideas will always take precedence as long as I hold the mantle of Jen'ari. That
Being said it appears that part of you correspondence ( the actual input ) is missing.
Would you please be so kind as to repost your suggestions?
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:09 am

ECCC is the biggest convention (minus PAX) in the Northwest, it only comes once a year. I'm being told that TDE MUST abide by another club's rules simply because they invited us first? That's great and all, I like the kindness, but that does not mean we should be forced to follow their rules or troop with them and not be allowed our own official event under our own rules.

No matter how you see this, it's a public event. ORB does not have a booth or a room like the 501st does, they have not been directly invited by ECCC staff like the 501st, therefor this is just a show up and spread the word event for any club (Star Wars or not). If ORB has some rule that I don't agree with, I'm not going to be forced to abide by it simply because they came on the forums and started a thread.

If ORB has some silly rule like mandatory helmets or masks on at all times, I'm not going to abide by that. Not only can I not physically do that with my Revan, but I'm not going to stress my self out worrying about breaking an ORB rule (which in my case, will never tell me what I can or cannot do with my costume).

Finally, what if RM (Rogue Mando) came here and started a thread and invited TDE before ORB did and said their rules are mandatory that you cannot talk while in costume? Would TDE have to abide by this because RM invited TDE first?

So why am I so upset? I just want this to be fair. Right now, it's not fair. I'm not against ORB offering an invite, I just want our own sanctioned event under our own charter and not another club's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am

Vultren,
I have read your thoughts and feelings on the issue and while I appreciate your passion about the idea of our own table and presence at ECCC. A few key points regarding your statements.

PAX IS IN FACT A HUGE EVENT.
That being said, it requires an element to apply for a presence at PAX - this requires a person in that area to take responsibility and actually follow through. And that also requires early appliance to the CON not simply walking in, stating your clubs name and then demanding a table, you are basically inviting yourself to their con and doing so without offering any recourse or financial offerings. This may not seem like much to you, but for a con this can be anywhere from 5000 dollars of financial loss that they are GIVING UP and that doesn't include passes for the groups members.

You are correct in surmising that ORB doesn't have a room like the 501st, however at the time of this writing I am not aware that the 501st has sent is an invite. However if the issue is changing space I know I have a line to the LCO up there, Kris Kuipers, I'm happy to coordinate the use of their changing space if that IS needed.

Finally, if a group does invite TDE - for that matter several groups, it is in fact the leaderships discretion to thank them ALL and make the offer known. It is FURTHER THE DISCRETIONOF THE LEADERSHIP TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE THAT OFFERING IF THE GROUP IS IN CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO THE DARK EMPIRE. That means that your leadership - which is ME on the first line feels that the offer extended is acceptable to me, if you find my judgement in error, I invite you to contact the council with my full support, however remember the story of the nerf herder who cried rancor. In closing i'd like to further remind you that you are volunteering to attend these events and are not bound by any TDE CHARTER TO THE CONTRARY.

This forum thread will now be locked. Myself and the tyran'ari will post any additional info here. And if you would like to discuss this further, you can PM ME OR EMAIL [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am

I'm going to add one more tidbit here, as is my prerogative. Being the official "voice" of our club, with over 50,000 downloads worldwide of Dark Empire Radio, and our ambassador to both Lucasfilm and other fan clubs, I take exception when an official member in this club cannot conform to the rules we have laid out for our members in our Charter.

First of all, I am the main author of our Charter, and Lucasfilm has the same copy of it on file that appears on our website, each time it is updated; I personally email it to LFL every time an amendment is made and authorized by the rest of the Council.

Gymbeau, we welcome any and all feedback about your experience trooping; your years in the 501st and status as an officer within the Legion are likely testament to that fact. However, years of experience in trooping is a non issue, in this club, nor should it be in any club. Rather, your merit and desire to conduct charitable work in costume and alongside our fellow fan groups are what makes an effective Official club member and leader in an organization such as ours.

Vultren, your statement about not following any directives from ORB is out of context. If you are upset, that is your decision to be. However, your very profile indicates that you have been a full member within this club since May of this year, and have had ample time to become acquainted with our Charter and its regulations. You did right in coming to a leader, me, in asking any questions you might have, and they were truthfully answered. If another club invites our club to an event, our members are subject to not only our own code of conduct, but also any directives we might receive from the inviting club, in addition to our own. Likewise, if we invite a club to one of our events, they would be subject to their Charter as well as any additional event instructions we might have for them. It is not only common sense, but also a sign of respect. To not do so would be contrary to our Policy of Mutual Fan Group Support in our Charter, which is a very simple but integral policy, vital to our club operation.

So, yes - if our members are asked to remain silent at a troop that we are invited at, as per your hypothetical scenario, our members attending that event would have to honor that. If there is anything unreasonable asked of us, we of course can decline the invitation received.

ORB has invited TDE to be a part of its experience at ECCC, as well as to take part in a mutual club dinner. Whatever activities take place at ECCC 2013, whether we have a table or a simple troop as costumers (the idea of a joint charity troop at the con is still a possibility), The Dark Empire graciously accepts the invitation from the Outer Rim Brigade to troop alongside them.

Because of the conflictive dialogue that has now taken place in this forum, it has been locked, as Askai Katani has done. Drama and disagreement about TDE policy among our members is NOT tolerated within TDE.

If anyone within the Coruscant Temple has continued issue about our policy, please feel free to contact your Jen'ari, either via PM or the email he provided in his post above.

As your Tyran'ari, I am privileged and honored, as I have been since February of 2010, to speak for The Dark Empire in an official capacity. We have an award-winning podcast, and a very family-friendly atmosphere here. Our leadership, myself included, will continue to work hard to ensure the maintenance of our club growth and productivity. Drama, disagreement, and disharmony among our members, especially full members, over club policy is not permitted here.

Any further posts concerning ECCC 2013 will come from Askai Katani. If any of you have any information vital to our club involvement at that event, especially concerning ORB, please PM or email him with it.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey gang - I received the following message from Bubba Hennessy; he's the Alor'ad of the Mercs Cer'kurshi Clan (their equivalent to a Jen'ari here, I believe). Please see if we can make this happen!

I head Cer'kurshi clan in the North Puget Sound. I had a question about ECCC; were you guys coming out for ECCC were still planning on doing the Skybridge invasion on Sat? I hadnt heard any news on that since the disbandment of ORB, was curious if plans were still in the work for that. I'm kitting up Friday and would love to get a pic or two with you and the rest of the TDE people coming to town.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaro Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks Lord Bruticus! I messaged Bubba through facebook and let him know that all plans were still good to go, ORB will just be flying under the new ICA flag now Smile

Since it sounds like he will only be able to attend on Friday, I would like for as many of us as possible meet up with him and his mercs on that day as well.

The Sky Bridge is going to be used for vendors this year, so it looks like our Sky Bridge invasion will have to be moved elsewhere, but that's not too big of a deal. As soon as we have definite plans in order, we'll get them posted up!

The big ICA/TDE/Mercs dinner is still a go, and anyone that hasn't received an invite on fb please let me know and we'll get that taken care of, just to make sure we have enough space reserved. I think right now we are sitting really close to 40 people, woot!
Jaro
Jaro
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kol Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I'll be there all three days and switching between TDE, ICA, and my (hopefully completed) Merc. Sound's like Jaro is pulling things together. I know a few from Seron Clan will be heading up there as well, so if we want to get an even larger group of Sith and Mandos together I can let Drago know no problem.
Kol
Kol
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE175

http://www.ierpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devatha Riln Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 am

I think most of TK clan was going to be kitted up Saturday, but I was really waiting on hearing when the ICA group photo would be since it'd be easier to take the TK photo at the same time. lol

(I know if it's on Friday, unless it's later in the afternoon, I won't be able to do it. I get off work at 2, then I have to go home and get my stuff and Jonah. After that and by the time the ferry trip and getting to the hotel is over with I probably won't be there until around 4 or so. )
Devatha Riln
Devatha Riln
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE006 / SRS003

http://barghest1031.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaro Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 pm

I think we should keep our plan of doing it on Saturday, because I believe it's gonna be the same for the ICA. But anyone kitted up on Friday can meet up with Bubba as well.
Jaro
Jaro
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaro Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm

The ICA photo will be on Saturday, but no time set yet. The dinner will also be on Saturday night, but we are having issues finding a restaurant that will accommodate 40+ people so we'll see what we can do about that as soon as we can.
Jaro
Jaro
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2