The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012

+5
Etain Thrail
Darth_Ziro
Darth Mortis
Darth Scios
Lord Bruticus
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012 Empty Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon May 14, 2012 10:51 am

I was trooping the Long Beach Comic Con with Saber Guild the other day (May 12th). Only for a few hours, though; I had to work that day. Hence, we didn't seek a table for TDE (Saber Guild had a table anyhow). Not to worry, though. The Expo will return in November with a two-day event, which I hope to get a table for TDE at. Here's the link, if interested:

November 3rd and 4th, 2012

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

SHOW HOURS OF OPERATION (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)

Saturday from 9:30 - 7:00, Sunday from 10:00 to 5:00

Table duty (two-hour incremements):

Saturday:

Lord Bruticus - 8AM for setup, onward
Darth Ziro
Lord Mortis
Royal Guard
Sith Princess Revan TDE-076, Korriban Temple Jen'ari and honored guest of Coruscant.
DarthAnino'j (forum member)
Askai Katani
frankdriven (forum member)
Darth Scios

Sunday:

Lord Bruticus
Darth Ziro
Lord Mortis
Sith Princess Revan TDE-076, Korriban Temple Jen'ari and honored guest of Coruscant.
Saviin Gi (forum member)
DarthAnino'j (forum member)
Askai Katani
frankdriven (forum member)

Since Royal Guard TDE-061 is the Assistant Jen'ari for Coruscant, and he is also located down here in sunny So Cal, I'm counting on his assistance with this event.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Star Wars guest for the May 12th event was none other than TDE Honorary Member Richard Le Parmentier, who played Admiral Motti in ANH (Vader found his "lack of faith disturbing"). I had no idea he was there, until I saw him! I met one of our Honorary Members, almost by accident! He remembered me when I interviewed him in early 2010 for my now-defunct webseries, The Dark Side Chats. I don't know who will be there in November, but rest assured, I WILL BE!! Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012 1262993100

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Richard was inducted a while back by another Honorary Member, Alan Flyng and mutual friend Pam Rose (seen here with Richard; she played a cantina alien in ANH).

Last edited by Lord Bruticus on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 am; edited 14 times in total
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012 Empty Re: Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

I'm keeping this thread "sticked" in the Coruscant Temple, so that we can plan for this as the next major con in California.

TDE will not have a table at SDCC, so I'd like Long Beach Comic Expo in November to be our next major convention.

See first thread for the convention website. November 3rd and 4th!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012 Empty Re: Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012

Post by Darth Scios Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 pm

thats awesome! Smile

i definately want to attend the November long beach con!
Darth Scios
Darth Scios
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE126

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Brutal Guy, that is just tooooo cool!! Sith-tastic there! You never know who your going to run in to at these events. Even get to spill drinks on!! It's the best ever!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 am

California members, please post here if you think you will be able to attend this event. If there is enough interest (we'll need at lease five), we'll put in for a table. I have a banner and table decor all ready to go.

RG and Devatha, I will need your assistance with this; please help me monitor this thread and for persons interested in trooping this con.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Alright, gang - I'm putting in for a table for TDE at this event.

This is a two-day convention (see first post of this thread for dates and convention website), so please post here if you can attend, willing to do table duty, etc.

As a reminder, you do not have to be a full member to do table duty, however, you must be a full member to participate in the Sith Inquisition. I am going to see about raising charity funds at this event that way.

I also hope to take a bit of vacation time from work for this, which is why I am applying for a table now. However, I will need help! The Emperor demands it. Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012 1262993100
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 am

I'm down as long as I can find transportation.
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE048

Character sheet
member sheets: .I am the third Darth Mortis to become Dark Lord Of The Sith since 3,851 BBY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks, pal.

I am going to fill out paperwork for this in the next day or so, and send it in; I have a PDF form that they want me to fill out.

They are asking for a "small favor" in return. I see no problem with it:

Dear Joe,

Thanks for your note and your interest in participating in Long Beach Comic Con. Please complete the attached registration form and send it back to me at your earliest convenience so that we can reserve a space for your group. In exchange for your space, we ask that your members please volunteer some time to assist us with some light responsibilities like crowd control and photo ops, so if that is agreeable with you, we would love to have you.

Looking forward to working with you.

Sincerely,
Martha

I am going to get that info off to Martha very soon. Since Saber Guild will also have a table at this con, I am hoping as many of our members as possible that are not in Saber Guild but in California can attend this.

Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm

I have completed paperwork, and am awaiting to hear back about our table status. I will post here once an email is received.

Some of you have probably seen a post I made recently on Facebook about this being my last convention, with the possible exception for Wonder Con in 2013. This is very much true. I will not be leaving TDE, nor stepping down from my Tyran'ari duties. I am, instead, focussing more on what we exist to do, which is to help others. I hope to post at least a couple of more charity events on here before the year is up.

I am, however, drained of doing most of Coruscant's work largely on my own. Coordinating events should no longer be my responsibility; I have not been Jen'ari here since last April. As such, I will continue to do what I can, but our lack of events is due largely because of my schedule. I stepped down from the Jen'ari position during our last elections for this reason, as it was not fair to the rest of the Temple to have to depend upon my personal schedule. Yet, we are still doing just that. I am fine with it, but the rest of you should not be. Rather, all of you should be motivated to do what you can for the club.

As the only TDE Council member in this Temple, I hereby urge all Official Members within the Coruscant Temple, be they Temple Officers or not, to start seeing what they can do for their communities, and to begin coordinating with other TDE members in their local areas, as well as other clubs. There is a tutorial in our Events forum, written by me, on how this can be done. As always, though, seek advice from your Jen'ari, Assistant Jen'ari, or me, whenever you need it.

I hope for Long Beach Comic Expo to be memorable; it shall be my final recruiting effort at a convention, as I look forward to more charity troops, such as Hillsides again next year, the Salvation Army during the holidays, and whatever else I can put together. With all of your help, and the help of our partner clubs, TDE will be able to grow and do more.

Let's get it done.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 am

Alright, we are now listed as EXHIBITORS for Long Beach Comic-Con. Here is the link for the exhibitors list:

I hope as many of you as possible will be able to attend (see dates in first post of this thread). I have about a 50% chance of attending WonderCon, so this may be my final convention appearance for a very long time to come.

Hope to see you there!

By the way -- honorary member Stephen Stanton will be there in his Grand Moff Tarkin outfit, like he was at C6.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 am

UPDATE:

Ten exhibitor passes will be provided for this event. Please post here if you intend to troop this; we now need to put together a table duty roster.

See first post of this thread for current table duty schedule. Post here to volunteer.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Ziro Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am

I will most likely be there, Just not sure when since I might have work in the mornings. Any ways I would be happy to pull some table duties for the group. Hopefully once the day gets a little closer I will be able to be a little more exact on the times and what not. but yeah can't wait it should be fun =)
Darth_Ziro
Darth_Ziro
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE129

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I can attend if I can find means of transportation.I to I'm always happy to put in some table duty for the group.
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets: .I am the third Darth Mortis to become Dark Lord Of The Sith since 3,851 BBY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks, gang. Once we have their exact hours of operation, we'll get the table-duty times assigned.

I've added Ziro and Mortis to the table duty roster.

I would like to see the Sith Inquisition done at LBCC. We will need more members attending, if it is to occur.

-------------------------

I've decided, for a number of reasons (primarily financial, especially since I have to take vacation time from work to do these, but other factors are also involved), that Long Beach Comic Con will be my final convention appearance. I will not be at Wonder Con next year, nor will I be seekng a table there for TDE, unless other members attending desire one - I will leave that up to the Temple Jen'ari and Assistant Jen'ari.

I am no longer Jen'ari of this Temple, and I cannot be expected to still be coordinating all of our events. I still do what I can, but that is becoming less and less possible, especially with my Tyran'ari duties becoming increased.

I need you all to step up, especially those of you that are officers.

RG, WonderCon 2013 for TDE is now a ball in your court.

I hope to see as many of you as possible at Long Beach Comic Con. It will be my last convention for quite some time (indefinitely). I will still be attempting to coordinate as many charity troops as possible, that I can participate in. Still, we have enough members in this temple to be able to do more than I can humanly start on my own. I've started Hillsides as an annual event. Let's run with that, and get more done!

The next charitable event will most likely be a Salvation Army event during December. I will work on that after LBCC. I need the help of officers and other full members within the Coruscant Temple, if TDE is to conduct more events than this in our neck of the galaxy.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 pm

UPDATE:

We have now obtained clearance to conduct the Sith Inquisition at this convention. Since the 501st's Shoot-A-Trooper will be drawing funds for the Make-A-Wish foundation, I have elected for the Sith Inquisition to raise money for the JDRF - Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, which is linked our our website.

Also, the hours of the con are as follows:

Saturday from 9:30 - 7:00, Sunday from 10:00 to 5:00

EXHIBITORS (us) will be allowed to set up on Saturday morning from 8-9:30am. They'll let us set up on Friday, but I don't anticipate the need for that (we won't have our C6 display, LOL). I have our Temple banner and table props, including holocrons, ready to go.

Hours of operation (open to the public) are now updated in the first post of this thread.

Please post here the hours you would like for table duty, in 2-hour increments. I'll will be getting their Saturday before 8am for setup.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:29 pm

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I was telephoned by honorary member Stephen Stanton and his managers last night (I am friends with them). They informed me of a plan they have for this con, which LBCC is backing 100%.

As posted above, Stephen will be there in his Grand Moff Tarkin outfit that he had at C6. In addition, his pal Rick Fitts (Dr. Martin in Star Trek: TNG) and some trekkers will also be there helping the 501st with their "Shoot-A-Trekker" event for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Here is where things get really cool:

On Saturday, literally ALL of the costumers at the convention, including Star Wars fan groups, Trekkers, Ghostbusters, super heroes, etc., literally ALL of them, will be gathering on the steps in front of the convention center. The Star Wars groups will of course be in front. We therefore need to have a good presence there!!

Celebration 6 was the first time that a Tarkin actor walked in costume with a Vader since 1977. Its going to happen again at Long Beach Comic Con, and I've promised them that I'll be there on Saturday with my Sidious robe. This shall be a gathering long remembered!

To literally have all of the costumers photographed at once at a con of this size in a single photo with a celeb (or celebs) has never been done before, and this particular opportunity will not present itself again. Definitely get on board with this and represent TDE with everyone!!

We'll be getting TEN exhibitor passes, and they will go to the first ten people, myself included, that volunteer and are listed for table duty in the first post above. Volunteer today - you'll only have to pay for parking if you get that pass!! Remember, we are also approved to conduct the Sith Inquisition, as well. We'll be raising funds for the JDRF - the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Twisted Evil

I'll be needing at least one photographer for our TDE Gallery for this event; should a forum member wish to participate. I'll provide the camera if needed.

This is my final con for a very long time, and I can tell already it will be a great one. Don't let this once-ever opportunity slip by!!

Last edited by Lord Bruticus on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:51 am

I definitely dont want to miss this. Twisted Evil
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:33 am

I will be there on Saturday, but not Sunday.

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Just giving this a bump.

All TDE Temples on the main boards here now have their own events sections, which should make it easier to sift through events and other post within the Temple forums on here. Everyone thank our Anik'ari for that!

This event will be my final convention for a very long time; I probably won't do another one until the same event in November of 2013, at the earliest. Hope to see as many there as possible!!

Last edited by Lord Bruticus on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Scios Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 pm

I will for sure be attending on Sunday and can do some table duty if there are spots left! I cant commit fully to Saturday yet, but im going to try and make it.
Darth Scios
Darth Scios
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE126

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks, Lord Scios! I'll get ya down for Sunday on the table duty schedule in the first post of this thread.

Seeya there! Long Beach Comic Con - November 3rd & 4th, 2012 1262993100
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:31 am

I've confirmed that there will NOT be electricity available at our table (it will be available for "rent," at a premium). Just an FYI, to any members that were hoping to have power available.

Here is the following information, for set-up. I will try to set up on Friday, but most likely will be there way before 8 on Saturday morning. That all depends on when the photo shoot with Stephen Stanton will be. If it is at 8, then I will try to set up on Friday.

Friday, Nov. 2 -
12:00 - 5:00 PM Move in for 10x10 booths and larger
3:00 - 5:00 PM Artist Alley set up

Saturday, Nov. 3 -
8:00 - 9:30 AM FInal Set Up

Show Opens to Advance Ticket Holders at 9:30 AM on Saturday morning!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 am

UPDATE:

We will be at booth number 359.

A map of the convention floor, with our location can be found here:

Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Roster in first post updated. Welcome, SPR!!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 am

UPDATE:

The photo shoot for this event will be at 9 A.M. on Saturday morning, on the steps outside of the convention center. EVERY costumer in attendance, along with honorary member Stephen Stanton and company, will hopefully be in the photo. This has never been done at a con before, that we know of.

I'd also like to do a group photo of all TDE members on Saturday, before the day is done. This is going to most likely be my last convention until the next Celebration (not Europe), so, I'd love for every TDE member to get together with El Bruto and get a nice TDE pic done. I'll post a time for that on here, soon. We can scout a location there, or try to get one on the same set of steps. We'll know then.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next