The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Rhodes Junior High School Comicon 2/25/2016

Go down

Rhodes Junior High School Comicon 2/25/2016 Empty Rhodes Junior High School Comicon 2/25/2016

Post by Darth Rokahn Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:05 am

Contact Name
Sarah Weltsch

Contact Email and Phone Number
saweltsch@mpsaz.org (480)550-0345

Event Date(s) and Times
02/25/2016

Event Location
Rhodes Junior High School

1860 S Longmore
Mesa, Az, 85202

Event Website and Description
Hello!

I hope this email finds business going well! I am Sarah Weltsch, and I am a teacher at Rhodes Junior High School on Alma School and Baseline, Mesa, Arizona. I am a lead sponsor for an event that we held last year, it was Rhodes' first ever annual Comicon! The families and students and our community really enjoyed the event! It had a very high turn-out and was definitely a major success!

Since we had so much success last year, we have decided to make it an annual event! Since this is the second year that we are holding the Comicon, we are hoping to add some new features and exhibits as well. The Comicon will occur on Thursday, February 26th from 6-8pm and is currently set up to feature a Star Wars photo booth, two home-made exhibitsa( tardis made last year, and a new student and staff made exhibit that is to be announced), a visit from cosplay groups, college art program booths from UofA , a student costume contest, features and exhibits from local artists, a panel of artists to discuss working in the industry, exhibit rooms to feature activities with video gaming systems, as well as sales booths for local shops and artists.

This comicon is a part of an event that is hosted by Rhodes every year that's focus is developing student interest and encouraging learning. Several of our student-based clubs, including Manga Club, Hero Club, P. O. P. Club (Positive Outstanding People), and our Student Ambassadors program are working together to set up this night.

As a lead sponsor for the event, I was writing to ask if you would be willing to be involved in and contribute the event this year. We are hoping to have cosplayers come and interact and pose for photo ops with the students and their families. We will have individual classrooms for anyone who comes to change in or lock up any belongings. We also have free parking onsite.

Since Rhodes Jr High is a school, props that are too similar to guns cannot be on campus, I am currently looking to find out if an exception can be made for blasters. Any form of lightsabers are allowed.Additionally, costumes for any cosplayers cannot be too revealing.

Rhodes Junior High is a part of Mesa Public Schools, as a result it is a non-profit organization, and any contributions made would be highly appreciated and can be written off on taxes.

If you are interested in contributing or becoming involved in the event, please feel free to contact me either at this email address or on my cell 480-550-0345.

Thank you for so much for your time and support. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah Weltsch
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Official Member # : TDE248

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down