The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic

5 posters

Go down

Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic Empty Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic

Post by Darth Rokahn Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:13 am

This was inspired by Joe aka Lord Bruticus and his work with Hillside Orphanage. If we have any of our TDE brothers and sisters able to sneak away for a weekend and come support this we'd be super stoked.

I cannot tell you how proud I am of my Twin Suns Spire. We reached out to a local foster home and are now teaming up with them to bring all of you our very first Dark Empire related event in Arizona. And I am super ecstatic to invite all of our Star Wars brethren. Arizonans for Children are super excited to work with all of us so I'm hoping this turns into a regular thing!
-Jerome

Event: Arizonas for Children's Train Park Picnic
Date: Saturday, Jan 31st
Time: 11:30 am to 3:00pm
The Adobe Mountain Railroad Park is located on the S/W corner of 43 Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road. You enter the Park from 43 Avenue by taking the second entrance south of Pinnacle Peak Road.

Event Description: FREE Train Park Picnic on January 31, 2015, Saturday, for foster children & their foster families and group homes

On Saturday, January 31, 2015, from 11:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Arizonans for Children, Inc. and Arizona Model Railroading Society will sponsor a fun day for all foster children at Adobe Mountain Railroad Park. The Railroading Society will be operating four trains and giving rides to children and adults alike. [Even teenagers will get a kick out of this one.] The ride last 30 minutes and you can go as often as you like. The Railroading Society will also be operating model trains and letting the children operate the models themselves. Tours will be given through the Railroad Museum. We will have a DJ. And last but not least--- a free picnic lunch.

Please RSVP by Friday January 17

http://adobemtndesertrrpark.com/ (for the event)
http://www.arizonansforchildren.org/page.php
Changing Space: TBA
Water: Water and food will be provided.

Weapons: Authorized.
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Official Member # : TDE248

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic Empty Re: Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic

Post by janalynn Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm

This will be fun. Want to ride the Train as Sidious.
janalynn
janalynn
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE257

Back to top Go down

Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic Empty Re: Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic

Post by Darth Rokahn Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:57 am

Ok now I know most people usually come early to get set up and whatnot. We've been asked to be there by about 11am if possible. We have been given access to the park's club house thanks to one of Niels' contacts named Jim Manley (thanks again!!). I've included some pictures so you get an idea of what the lay out looks like and where we'll be changing. I am going to go ahead and get there early so I can help guide anyone in as needed. Per Jim: "The club house is called Ford Station and is on your left as you enter the property across from Victory Lanes Ball Park. Parking will be on the right past the building."
https://s1124.photobucket.com/…/m…/AZ4Kids/mls-map-2.jpg.html
https://s1124.photobucket.com/…/m…/AZ4Kids/mls-map-1.jpg.html
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Atrius Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:58 pm

FYI this event has been cancelled due to weather. Sad
Darth Atrius
Darth Atrius
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE269

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Darth Atrius wrote:FYI this event has been cancelled due to weather.  Sad

Very sad to hear of this. Perhaps it can be rescheduled?
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rokahn Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 pm

we're hoping it will be. I'm waiting to hear back from our contact to find out when
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Nox Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:43 am

Maybe it is for the best that is get rescheduled. There is the Phoenix open and that football thing going on this weekend. It might be a bigger draw on a weekend with fewer big events going.
Darth_Nox
Darth_Nox

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Atrius Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:52 pm

bigger draw for who? We had over 30 people going to this event and tons of kids
Darth Atrius
Darth Atrius
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Nox Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:22 pm

I apologize if I offended you but I thought this was a fundraiser for Arizonans for Children. My statement was that a less busy weekend would allow more people to participate and raise more funds.
Darth_Nox
Darth_Nox

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Atrius Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:28 pm

hmmph...stupid phone didn't add my smiley face at the end so it looked more harsh than it was meant to be...dang autocorrect. Anyway hopefully we can get it rescheduled. A lot of people were really looking forward to this event
Darth Atrius
Darth Atrius
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Nox Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:47 pm

gotta love auto correct Razz
Darth_Nox
Darth_Nox

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rokahn Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

No actually it is an event that Arizonans for Children put on for their kids every few months (they had a big one for Christmas time). It's in support of their efforts to tend to and house at-risk children. They occasionally plan big events for all of their kids as a sort of field trip/fun time to take them away from some of the negativity that might otherwise be plaguing their lives. Superbowl not withstanding they were/are/usually expect around 350-400 people between foster children and the parents of foster children. From what I found out they have 3 different homes around town that are under the Arizonans for Children banner. That's a whole lot of kids!
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:57 am

You've done your homework well, Lord Rokahn...    Impressive.  MOST impressive.  Brutally impressed, I be. Arizonans for Children's Train Park Picnic 1262993100
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rokahn Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 am

Wooo hoo!! Event updated and rescheduling has now been officially posted!!
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rokahn Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Ok here are the details for the updated Train Park event!

FREE Train Park Picnic on April 11 for foster children & their foster families and group homes

On Saturday, April 11, 2015, from 11:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Arizonans for Children, Inc. and Arizona Model Railroading Society will sponsor a fun day for all foster children at Adobe Mountain Railroad Park. The Railroading Society will be operating four trains and giving rides to children and adults alike. [Even teenagers will get a kick out of this one.] The ride last 30 minutes and you can go as often as you like. The Railroading Society will also be operating model trains and letting the children operate the models themselves. Tours will be given through the Railroad Museum. We will have a DJ. And last but not least--- a free picnic lunch.

The Adobe Mountain Railroad Park is located on the S/W corner of 43 Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road. You enter the Park from 43 Avenue by taking the second entrance south of Pinnacle Peak Road.
******* Please note RSVPs for our trooping event should come through me so I can collect the list of names of everyone coming*****

Please include:
1) Number of children
2) number of adults
2) Name of person bring the children—parent, staff, CASA or mentor

3 Name of Your licensing agency---if you are a foster family
4 telephone number & name of person responding

Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down