The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

+6
Darth Radix
Lord Draconis
Darth_Ziro
Darth Anino'j
Sith Princess Revan
Lord Bruticus
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. Empty Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:36 am

I am hoping to get a table for us this year; it was the last con I did in 2012, and will probably be the only one I do this year, if I can get to it.

There is a Comic Expo at the same location on May 11th, but will be a much smaller venue. I don't foresee TDE having a table at the May event, unless the Coruscant Jen'ari would like to take the reigns on that one.

Here is the website for the November show, with all pertinent information. Force-willing, I'll make this one in it's entirety once again.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. Empty Re: Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 am

I now have the application form for this event, am making a few inquiries about getting us a table at LBCHC this year, will post when app is submitted.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. Empty Re: Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Registration for a table at this year's event has now been submitted.  The staff there have indicated to me via email that they will be glad to have us back.  We can now plan accordingly.

Lord Katani ( tongue), would you be willing to take charge of a table duty roster and other arrangements for this event?  I have the banner and props in my current possession; I can keep charge of those, if you would like - I plan to take vacation from work for this event.

Also, I've requested to see if we can conduct a charity raffle for the Wounded Warrior Project, and possibly conduct our Sith Inquisition activity; waiting to hear back on that.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 am

Not sure if I'll be able to make it this year, it'll depend on what my work schedule is looking like for the next few months
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE 076

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

http://ashleymkalfas.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:19 am

Can't wait for this event!! I plan on being there both days and will help out with table duty when needed!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE181

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

I got a request from LBCHC (Long Beach Horror and Comic Con) to re-send the table registration again; so I did.  Martha Donato (our main contact there), is away and Phil Lawrence is handling things.  He is now in receipt of our table registration.

I also confirmed with Phil a request to do the following - he says "it all sounds great:"

- To hand out CD's of the HNAD project, like we did at the Paul Biane Library event.

- To conduct a charity raffle at our table to benefit the Wounded Warrior project. 

I have in my possession an Imperial Knight lightsaber hilt (white LED), that was created by the talented Spire of the Storm Sedriss, Darth Xanthus TDE-085.   Lord Xanthus gifted the hilt to us, so that we may conduct a raffle specifically for the Wounded Warrior project; his favorite charity, and one of the preferred charities listed on our website.  Brutal thanks aplenty to Lord Xanthus and the Spire of the Storm for donating to the cause!

I'd like to take this time to "accelerate our plans."   If we can acquire more items for the charity raffle at the con (preferably items of at least ten or more dollars in value, something someone would want to pay, say, five dollars per raffle ticket for), that would help get that off the ground and running.  We most likely won't have a ton of room (we had two tables last year, but that's not guaranteed), so we don't want to have a huge assortment of items.  I'm thinking a limit of ten "nice" items, with the Imperial Knight hilt being one of them, should be our goal.

With Hillsides coming up on August 3rd, I'll be focusing more on LBCHC immediately after that.  However, now is the time to start slow and careful planning for how we can make our experience at this year's con bigger and better than last year.  As you may recall, last year they put us in a weird place, in the back of the convention center and facing away from most of the crowd.  If, by chance, that should happen to us again this year, I want to be ready to be able to reel passers-by in with the above activities.  The Sith Inquisition is also a possibility, but people like "free" stuff; I'll be burning a LOT of CD's between now and November, and we can have our "Feed the Holocron" stuff ready.

Askai Katani, I hereby request your assistance with this matter.  It is to you, old friend, that I bestow the burden of acquiring any items of said worth (or more) between now and November, for the cause. 

Our minimum goal to raise for the Wounded Warrior Project is at least $500.  The stated worth of the Imperial Knight saber (I have the specs, will post them soon) is that amount.  I would like us to raise well over that.  We can use the HNAD project CD's as a way of getting people to our table.  Instead of taking donations for that project, however, we'll take donations for Wounded Warrior, as mentioned.  I also have HNAD business cards now (nice ones, thanks to Jaden Korr), which we can give out; anyone can donate anytime to that project on the HNAD website  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

So, let's all get this charitable ball rolling, and have fun in November!  Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. 1262993100
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Updated information for this event:

We will have an 8-foot table in a 10' x 10' space. We can use that to plan for the above post accordingly.

Also, we will be provided with two comp passes. I will let Jen'ari Katani disseminate those, though I'd Brutally appreciate one of them. Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. 1262993100 
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Well I think that the Jen'ari and the person who set this all up should get those passes. Weekend passes are only 40 bucks! So it's not that bad! I plan on buying mine within the next couple of weeks! If we need help for table set up and one of you can't make it, I can help with that the night before! Either way, I'm perfectly fine with purchasing my ticket! I might be there late on saturday anyways due to work!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:03 am

Both The Dark Empire AND HoloNet Audio Dramas are now listed as exhibitors for this covention! TDE and HNAD will, of course, occupy the same space, since HNAD is our club charity project. Twisted Evil 

Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:15 am

Darth Xanthus TDE-085 of the Spire of the Storm donated this Imperial Knight lightsaber to be the centerpiece of the raffle we will be doing for the Wounded Warrior Project.  The raffle will be for the HILT ONLY; it will not include a blade or charger.  Here are pics, followed by the tech specs for the hilt itself.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Tech specs:

18650 lithium ion battery,  FX Assaj Ventress sound board, Cree white LED.  All aluminum hand made hilt. Will accept the standard blade and charging plug used by most every saber maker. Will not fit an Ultra blade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be taking vacation time from work for this convention.  As stated in previous posts, I'm putting a lot of effort into HoloNet Audio Dramas, our club charity project, at LBCHC also. (Currently trying to get HNAD involved with STAR WARS Reads, if possible.) So far, I've got 36 CD's burned, with a goal of at least 100 to give out over the weekend.  The aim of HNAD, of course, it to not only provide quality audio fanfiction entertainment, but to also bring it to people that cannot read or see, and to encourage people to read.  

As for the Wounded Warrior Project raffle, the raffle tickets will be ten dollars apiece, provided we acquire nine more items with a value of at least ten dollars or more for each of them (total of ten items to raffle).  This should be the best way to get the most money possible for WWP.

We've been given the green light from LBCHC staff to conduct the raffle and to give out the audio CD's.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Ziro Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:52 pm

When do you want the items by Lord Bruticus? I was planning to donate a couple Star Wars vinylmations and/or a few 6 inches SW Figures from Target (Very Detailed and cost around $20+). So yeah =D
Darth_Ziro
Darth_Ziro
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE129

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 am

Thanks very much, Lord Ziro! I'd like to have a list of all items (and have them all together) by the first week of November, so that we can plan effectively for all of our activities at the con.

I'd really like to have a more interactive Sith Inquisition, if possible. Targeting a few Mercs... Twisted Evil 
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Draconis Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:46 am

Can we get an update on this? I know Joe was spear heading a raffle for this event too raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, he was needing some high quality items that Dan was going to help him with. Is there any updates on this please let us know.
Lord Draconis
Lord Draconis
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)

Official Member # : TDE002

http://www.myspace.com/orionknightstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Yes i would like an update! Joe I ill be contacting you either tomorrow after work or tuesday at saber guild about this! I wanna see where we stand.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:34 am

I've been keeping this thread updated with the very latest.

We need nine more higher-end items for the raffle (tickets will be $5 each).

I have table props in order, however, will need to print off new Press Kits / flyers, which will cost.

"Any help would be hot."
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Ziro Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:53 am

Hi Lord Bruticus,

As Noted before I shall have the items for raffle at the end of this month. And I'll hand them off to you at the Saber Guild Practice on Oct 29, 2013.

As for attending the con I will not be able to attend due to work as well as I will be at my Cousin's wedding on the 24th of Nov.

I'll keep you all updated if anything should change.
Darth_Ziro
Darth_Ziro
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE129

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks for contributing, pal! Sorry you can't make the con, but the items you're donating for the raffle will go far, I'm sure. I'll seeya at SG practice then!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Radix Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:29 am

Lord Bruticus,
I've been organizing my costume stuff that came in from shipping.
Not sure if I can do Darth Radix or another custom sith character I've been building off and on.
Is this weekend after Thanksgiving?
Darth Radix
Darth Radix
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE118

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey, Radix!

It's the weekend right before Thanksgiving. Hope to see ya there!

If you're going to rep TDE in costume, then it has to be an approved one. If ya get a new one approved by then, I'll update your member page with it. Wink 
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:56 pm

So after talking to my boss about this weekend, I don't know if I will be there or Saturday or not. With it being the weekend before thanksgiving, she has said we are super busy that weekend and week before, with a chance of overtime and working on Sunday. If that is the case, I may not be there on Saturday considering that Saturdays are the busiest during the holiday season. I will be there on sunday but probably late morning depending on if I have to work. I will still be helping out and donating something for the raffle.

Joe, how many items do we have as of now?That way I can get an idea of what to donate. I probably won't be at practice tuesday because Bens cub scouts is going on a field trip that night. I appreciate all the work you have done for this con! If you need help setting up the night before or anything let me know. and as soon as I know my work schedule for that weekend I will know when I will be there!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 am

I'm going to try to make For both days as well we'll see if I Disney let me

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks, Jaden / Stephen! Wink 

And, Anino'j / Jo - we currently have just the one item (saber hilt) donated by our good friends in the Spire of the Storm (their Sedriss, specifically) in-hand at the moment.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Tannos Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:16 pm

I won't be able to bring anything to the table, but I am going to attempt to get the days off - hopefully I can make at least one of these days.
Darth Tannos
Darth Tannos
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE182

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002526032036

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Draconis Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Wish I could be there
Lord Draconis
Lord Draconis
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)

Official Member # : TDE002

http://www.myspace.com/orionknightstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Just an update: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman will be at this event, along with many other comic book writers and artists that have been recently added (see LBCHC website in first post of this thread for link).

Also, I'd like to start chatting about getting a TDE group photo done for this event - Date and Time?
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next