The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade

+6
Vad Kaar
JonSolo
KnightStalker
Lord Vox Deamonicus
Dar'Jetii
swfan67
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade - Page 2 Empty Re: 12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade

Post by Lord Draconis Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:53 am

Andrew my brother you did nothing wrong rest easy
Lord Draconis
Lord Draconis
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)

Official Member # : TDE002

http://www.myspace.com/orionknightstar

Back to top Go down

12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade - Page 2 Empty Re: 12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 am

No one in TDE has done anything wrong.

I want to get a full explanation out to our members, as to why this went from an invitation to TDE, to us instead having to submit an application for the parade. At the moment, however, I cannot as yet.

As a member of our Council, I feel we owe it to our members. I've said many times, as I did in the Brutal Opinion segment in episode 70 of Dark Empire Radio, that I will always fight to protect TDE's image and integrity, and we are doing just that. A person in another club made a mistake; a very big one. And they are being dealt with as I type this. That person is not a member of TDE. That is all that can be said for now.

You are right, Knightstalker, someone did miss the panel at C6.

Yavin IV has done amazing things recently, and I personally commend ALL of you on your dedication to both TDE, Temple growth, and participation in helping your communities. You are all walking testaments of what this club stands for, and I'm proud to call you all "pals."

There is nothing wrong with submitting our own application to this event; I hope it doesn't cost any, or much. We'll still march in front of or behind the Legion. All Star Wars fans. Separate clubs, but united in fandom.

Last edited by Lord Bruticus on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Lord Brutal Guy... I give you a full "Standing Ovation"! cheers

The Empire, Strong and Proud ... ALWAYS. Zap

After all, the Force serves "us". Zap Mua-ha-ha-ha!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Thank you all for the positive comments. Very Happy I only had intentions of tying to improve relations between the clubs. Lord Bruticus,thank you for your post.
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE144

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 pm

We "all" have intentions of improving relations between the groups my brother. In fact, the Empire has "bent over backwards in those endeavors and not only on home soil, but also internationally". ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

However there is nothing wrong with, and in fact at this juncture of our growth, it is necessary.. that the Empire have our "own" showing at events. That does not mean we are not going to Troop "alongside" of the other clubs, we are just going to begin handling these troops somewhat differently. Twisted Evil In this way there will be.....

. No rules placed upon us but those set by our "own" club.
. We get publicity (in this case with the parade, the announcers call us out to the crowds on television by "our" name) which causes us to stand out in the mix.
. We possibly gain members which other wise would have thought us to be an aspect of the other clubs.
. We prove that we can stand on our "own". And not off of the shirt tails of others. (as some see it) Twisted Evil

And in the long run, most importantly and again.... our name gets "OUT" there.

We are in no way dissing "any" of the other clubs. Not in "any" way what so ever, and especially any of their members. We will walk along side the other clubs as brothers/sisters, display open arms of comradeship, yet at the same time we shall be our own entity.

BEAUTIFUL.

Doing things in this way is how we will succeed and grow. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 am

HAS THERE BEEN ANY NEWS ON THIS
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE121

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Draconis called me the other night and told me to hang on before we summit. Kris was taking care if the problem.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE033/SRS005

Character sheet
member sheets: Dark Lord of Hunger *Devour of Planets * I am Phantom Lord Nihilus,The KnightStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 am

Ok gang, I have registered TDE. Here's the status quo :
Christopher Shore 508Boyscout Rd Byron, GA 31008

Thank you, Christopher, your information has been received.

Thank you for applying for participation in the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta 2012 Christmas Parade.

The Parade Committee will be reviewing your application and you will be informed of their decision.

If you have any questions please contact Hobie Pileski via email or call 770-805-8015.

Thank you.

Hobie Pileski Argonne Parades

It stated at 1st that it was full, as they all do dealing with holiday parades before, but if we are accepted, I will be getting a call and/or email. I put us in as Star Wars costuming/charity group , sister group to the Mando Mercs. Maybe they'll fit us in around the Legions .
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets: Dark Lord of Hunger *Devour of Planets * I am Phantom Lord Nihilus,The KnightStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm

I got this today as a reply to the Christmas Parade ;

SUBJECT: Children's Christmas Parade Hello Christopher, thanks for your interest in the parade. We have already accepted the 501st Stormtroopers with many of their Star Wars characters and won't be able to accept another group.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vox Deamonicus Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 pm

woot! glad this is happening. good luck, hope we have a big showing for this.

Lord Vox Deamonicus

Character sheet
member sheets: I am the voice of demons, the voice of madness

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Lord Vox Deamonicus wrote:woot! glad this is happening. good luck, hope we have a big showing for this.
We were declined due to the Legions. They already have SW characters didnt think they needed us. Zap
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Yavin IV, please hang ten on this.... we're still working in the back ground. The council will be back with you all within a couple of days. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Draconis had called me Sunday and told me to go ahead and apply, to see what would happen I guess.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 am

Right... we're aware of the situation and are still working this issue. ... Sometimes things are more complicated than they need to be.

I want everyone to understand that non of these problems were the result of anything an Empire member created.

However, hopefully there will be a peaceable solution to all of this goings on.

Guys, if not.... there is always next year for this one. We'll get our submission in early for it.

Also, there are other Holiday parades in your areas. Keep your eyes and ears open... as there are usually lots of Holiday parades to Sith up for. santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:43 pm

I just had a thought,
As a start up group that isn't necessarily welcomed in a few instances (as this one).

Couple of things to consider;
We need to look at is the possibility of finding smaller type events. Also we might consider contacting events well in advance of the actual dates for possible entry.

Yes this would take some coordination and also some far out planning but it appears that the problem of needing only 1 SW group will be a stopping point.

If we're the 1st accepted group then we can always throw out the invite too all other groups, and if we can't go as a group then we can turn it over to another group to take care of.

Just throwing this out there, what do you'll think??

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm

These guys are the ones that do the St.Patricks day parade in Atl as well.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Hmmmm... might be something to submit an application for. And early. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Greetings Yavin,

I want everyone to know, that your council is still working at this. However, rather than keeping you all wondering whats going on, here is a brief summary for you.

We still have not heard back from the LCO of the Legion concerning our complaint to him about the "person" in the 501st stating that there is a supposed "rule" of no one being allowed to walk in conjunction with the Legion, wearing a retired Legion costume. Cough... >clears throat<

And apparently it did not matter if the costume was approved with another "Lucas Films Acknowledged Star Wars Costuming Group". .. having a separate and legitimate designation.

As you can see, if this is going to be an on going issue... it will cause us real problems with combined troops in the future. We have "many" retired 501st costumes in our ranks, and I foresee many others of these costumes coming to us.

Walking with the 501st or trooping with them is not so important to "me", as to look at "our" people and say,"I'm sorry, but "you" in your retired Legion Vader/Maul/Nihilus/Revan/whatever... can not troop with the Empire on this one, because the 501st says you can't. It doesn't matter if your costume earned a designation with our group... sorry about your luck.

People..... "THAT IS NOT HAPPENING". Not under "any" circumstances. Evil or Very Mad

As you all know at this point, the desire was for us to not worry about rules and regs set upon us by this other "individual", and do our own thing. (Word from the 501st LCO about clearing anything up or not).

Unfortunately, that has been squashed due to the parade people not wanting any more Star Wars groups represented. scratch Personally, I've never heard of such a thing, and I've walked in "many" parades... MANY parades... strange. At any rate and non the less, it is what it is.

Alright, so here is where we are at, at present....

We are awaiting word from the Legion LCO to find out if this matter can be cleared up. We have been waiting for over a week now, but we still have hope.

As the Empires Nes'ari, I have taken all of this very much to heart. You have no idea. 12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade - Page 2 3063606395

If this as of yet unproven 501st "costuming" rule is legit and stays as it stands, and without being modified to exclude designations with another Lucas acknowledged group, it can have "real" consequences for "both" groups in the future. I think you can see the writing on the wall. It could "seriously" hurt combined troops. I hope that they realize that as much as we do.

I have a 501st designated "Traya". If for whatever reason she is ever retired from the Legion, that means I would not be able to troop a combined troop with the Legion. "Really"? ....... well, if that is the way it is going to be, then .... SO BE IT. 12-1-2012 CHOA Televised Christmas Parade - Page 2 1262993100

Please remember that this is "One" person in a Garrison command who is saying these things... so far. However we are still awaiting word back from upper command, and if there is no action taken against it by them.... well, being ignored says volumes.

I will refrain from further comment on this subject, ..... for now. Mad

That is where we currently are on these matters.

The Force Serve Our Empire.
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks for the update, mi'lady.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Greetings Lord Zannah! I once again feel the need to apoligize for this,even though I don't feel like I've done anything wrong to cause it ,except to want the "Other Star Wars" groups to work together to bring everyone that loves Star Wars together. I will be sending you a PM today with more possible insight that may help. It may belater this evening so that I can get all my info together due to this newest post that you have added even has me a bit confused now.
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE144

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:59 am

Thanks swfan... I'll be watching for your pm. I might not receive it tonight as I am off to bed shortly.

And again.... let me be clear.... non of our people, 501st Cross Costumers or not, have done "anything" wrong here.

No one, and nothing.

If they had of, they would know about it. Please rest at ease about that. Wink

And Lord Knightstalker, you are "most" welcome. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Koros Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:02 am

Count me in as well guys , I guess message me if you need any additional information from me.
Darth Koros
Darth Koros
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE179

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Koros Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:39 am

oh well, just noticed the post that says we wont be accepted this year , bummer but if there is any other event in ga you can bet I will be there.
Darth Koros
Darth Koros
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE179

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar'Jetii Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 am

we will defently keep you posted with the events here in GA Darth Koros, defenltly start making plans for dragon con 2013(laborday weekend) (the rooms sell out fast, and tickets go up in price as time gets closer), i forsee it being the largest tde turn out for the dark empire in 2013. and if you can there is conoga coming up in march.
Dar'Jetii
Dar'Jetii
Merchandise Officer
Merchandise Officer

Official Member # : TDE090/SRS009

Character sheet
member sheets: SITH Warrior / Sith Acolyte

https://www.facebook.com/Flutie87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am

Hey gang, be sure to jump on the St. Patrick's day parade in Atlanta coming up, too. What a Face
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next