The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12

+5
Estreya
WillrowHood
TorLin
Lord Bruticus
Darth Ravin
9 posters

Go down

The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12 Empty The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12

Post by Darth Ravin Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:21 am

Posting this up here for a friend who's organizing this event. All Star Wars costumers are welcome! They would really like to get a Palpy and a Royal Guard (hint hint!) Here's the copy/paste from his post:

Phil and I are putting together an event celebrating the release of Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D. This event will be held at the Ultraluxe Anaheim Cinemas at Gardenwalk in Anaheim.

First and foremost, we want you to come out and enjoy the film with us. However, we also want/need as many costumed folks as possible to add to the atmosphere and to make the event even more fun, and even more memorable for the kids.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace in 3D Release Event
Date: 2/11/2012 at 11am (tentative)
Call time: 10:30am?
Duration of event: 3-4 hours
Address: UltraLuxe Anaheim Cinemas at GardenWalk - 321 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA - (714) 399-0300
Cut off for date for requesting participation: N/A- Come one, come all

What we'll be doing / Why we are there: We are there to celebrate the release of the film, and to promote Star Wars in general. We're going to have a costume contest for both kids and adults, Star Wars trivia, a lightsaber choreography demonstration and possibly a contest, and a raffle to benefit the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life.

Attendees:
Requested Characters: ALL
Number of Characters: ALL
Which Club is controlling the event?: I am a member of OCSWS but this is not an OCSWS event. This is event is being put on by the theater, for the theater.
Are other clubs invited?: YES
Wranglers needed? How many? TBD
Can family members/friends come?: YES PLEASE

Additional Details:
Weapons ok? SABERS SHOULD BE FINE.
Changing area provided? YES
Food/Water provided? WATER WILL BE PROVIDED
Parking provided? STANDARD GARDENWALK PARKING. FREE WITH THEATER VALIDATION.
Any out of pocket expenses? MOVIE TICKETS, SNACKS.

We are working out a deal with the theater where f$15 will cover admission, one of any food or drink item on their menu, and include one (1) raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase on the day of the event on site.

More details are forthcoming as we confirm with other clubs, lightsaber choreo participants, and finalize the small details.

Event POC: Chris Dickens - Info[at]YvetteAve[dot]com

Darth Ravin
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE-100

Back to top Go down

The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12 Empty Re: The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 am

I can actually make this one! I'm making this event a "sticky" until it's over. I can stay there until about 1pm.

I will need a wrangler if I do my Sidious costume; I won't need a wrangler for my custom Sith. Which shall it be? What a Face
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12 Empty Re: The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12

Post by Darth Ravin Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 am

It's up to you of course, but I know they're looking for a Sidious as their regular one won't be making it. I know you've worn that a lot lately though, so I wouldn't blame you going with the Brutal One for a change.

Darth Ravin
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:45 am

I think I shall troop this one as Brutal Sidious, and then the ol' Palpy One shall go Tennesee the following week. Then, a bit of a retirement him, in favor of The Brutal One, should another troop come around... Cool

Sidious it be! Dark
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by TorLin Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 pm

depending on price to actually go, take group photos, and watch movie $15 is a bit steep for my wallet for any 3d movies.
* i get motion sickness with long periods of 3d movies, short films of 3d are find *

Maybe i can come take pictures and when you guys watch the movie I can go.

(don't want to sound like a party-pooper, I just not into the whole 3d movies)

Any word on the price yet. Keep us posted.
TorLin
TorLin
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Ravin Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 am

Got some clarification about this event. It's more like a private screening, with the proceeds going to the charity. I had thought you could troop the event without having to buy a ticket, but that is not so. I can't afford $30, so I have to drop out. There are two confirmed Mandos who have reserved their tickets so far, and another 1 or 2 who said they were.

The deadline to reserve your tickets is the 7th, here's the link to reserve: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

He also confirmed costumes are not mandatory, and the movie will start at 12:30, with the raffle and costume contest happening before the show. The one food or drink has changed to a choice of one of three meals:

Package One
Hot dog and a 24 ounce drink of your choice.

Package Two
A personal pizza and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: The pizza is baked on site in a real convection oven, so you will have to wait a little while for the pizza to bake through.

Package Three
Popcorn and a 24 ounce drink of your choice.

Note: Drinks are non-refillable

Anything else comes up, I'll keep this updated.

Darth Ravin
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Lord Ravin, I must troop this with you. Give me a call, and we shall work it out.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Ravin Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Okay, I've decided to go after all. I'll fly solo this time though; much easier on the wallet getting one ticket.

Darth Ravin
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:24 am

See you Saturday, pal!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Please check the other thread for updates.
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

http://vigilanteproject.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I had a great time trooping this event with the Mercs, TDE, Saber Guild, and Fanforce. I will have a Mission Report and photos up tomorrow, Brutal One must go to work now! The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12 4111028969
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:02 am

MISSION REPORT:

Various Temples throughout The Dark Empire trooped with other clubs on the release date of The Phantom Menace in 3D on February 10th, 2012.

On February 11th, 2012, Members of the Coruscant Temple, along with Saber Guild, The Mandalorian Mercs, and Fanforce trooped at a special matinee showing of The Phantom Menace for kids at the Garden Walk theater in Anaheim, California. Saber Guild and Fanforce members put on two spectacular lightsaber shows prior to the screening, and many photos were taken with costumers. Lord Bruticus TDE-021 trooped this special screening of Episode I in his Ep.1 Sidious, or "Brutal Sidious" attire. Also, an Artoo unit and a "Gonk" droid were there!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Permission to repost Lord Bruticus?
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by Estreya Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Awh great pictures Brutal Guy! Awesome report... I bet the kids had a great time and loved this experience!
Estreya
Estreya
Sith Scout Master
Sith Scout Master

Official Member # : TDE038 / SRS001

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Radix Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Awesome turn out and great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Darth Radix
Darth Radix
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE118

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Had a GREAT time even thou I was that Jedi in the first pic. lol! The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12 2454543593

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Nocturnus Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Wow great turnout! Everyone looked awesome! Good going Coruscant!
Darth Nocturnus
Darth Nocturnus
Jen'ari (Temple Master)
Jen'ari (Temple Master)

Official Member # : TDE034 / SRS002

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Lord of Night

https://www.facebook.com/DarthNocturnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Draconis Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 am

Awesome job Coruscant!
Lord Draconis
Lord Draconis
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)

Official Member # : TDE002

http://www.myspace.com/orionknightstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am

WillrowHood: Permission granted! (And not needed!) The Phantom Menace at Ultraluxe Anaheim Gardenwalk, 2/11/12 1646548439
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Radix Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Piciture 7 is my wife and son (Dark Leia and in espanol accent, General Grievous, galactic lucha libre fighter)

Lightsaber duels look really cool in a dark theater!
Darth Radix
Darth Radix
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE118

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Was glad to meet your family! Looking forward to seeing you once again at ConNooga.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:53 pm

What is ConNooga? Is that in Tennessee? Chattanoofa?
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

sharkdude1 wrote:Piciture 7 is my wife and son (Dark Leia and in espanol accent, General Grievous, galactic lucha libre fighter)

Lightsaber duels look really cool in a dark theater!
Awesome pics! Could u ask your wife (if she's comfortable) to share some or all of them on our Facebook.page at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Awesome Coruscant!! It looks as though your troop was as grand as ours here! RAWKIN good times! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down