The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif.

+2
Darth_Ziro
Lord Bruticus
6 posters

Go down

May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif. Empty May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif.

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:45 am

TDE has been invited by "Malice Skirata" of the local clan of the Mandalorian Mercs to participate at a STAR WARS Wedding on International STAR WARS Day, May the Fourth this year.  

This is an Unofficial Event, because it is in a public place and open to the public.  However, since we received an invitation as a club, I would treat it as an Official one  (see pages 10 and 11 of the Official Member Handbook for the differences between Official and Unofficial Events).   The planning for this is being done on Facebook, at this link:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Here are the particular details:

Planned date is International Star Wars Day May 4, 2014. It's a Sunday.

Planned venue is Pearson Park, Anaheim, California, USA. Event to take place from 9:00 am- 3:00pm

Located at 400 N. Harbor Boulevard, just north of Lincoln Avenue, this grand old park is named after former Anaheim mayor Charles A. Pearson. Within this historic 19 acres you will find many landmarks of the past, including a beautiful amphitheater and ballfield stadium grandstand, both built in 1927, as well as the remarkable cactus and water gardens created in 1921 by Mr. Rudy Boysen, father of the “Boysenberry.”

Location photos and map:  http://www.anaheim.net/comm_svc/parks/parkDetail.asp?dir=park_pearson

Once I know more details, like if weapon props (lightsabers, etc) are authorized, changing area provided, etc., I will post below.  I will be attending this most likely in my custom Sith.

Last edited by Lord Bruticus on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif. Empty Re: May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif.

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 am

Some additional information - I really don't see us needing a table there, but I'll have cards, etc on my person:

1:This is going to be a 6 hour event. The wedding party has to be in a Star Wars costume. Doesnt matter if it's movie quality or not (tho it is preferred).

2:Everyone can start showing up to the park at 9am, and you do not need to be in costume when you arrive. I will have a tent and a portable shade tent that can be converted into a changing station with drapes for privacy.

3: Weapons are ok in the park only, and only in the area that we will be mostly, which is the north/east corner of the park. Please do not have them out in the open or in holsters as you are getting from your vehicles, leave them in your totes and trunks.

4: This is NOT a catered wedding. This will be a picnic styled event, and everyone will e responsible for their own food. There have been a few people that have said that they would be willing to get some sandwich party platters, and they may still do that, but that is totally up to them. There is a picnic area with benches and coverings, but that area was not paid for, and for the purpose of the wedding is not being used by us. That being said, it is a public park, and I doubt that anyone is going to have something to say if some of you prefer or need to have a table. I am however bringing a small cake for Teresa and I to cut for the symbolic gesture only. Besides, who doesn't want to see her smash cake in my face while wearing an expensive costume lol?

5:This is a park open to the public, during the baseball season and there will be people there attending the games that are held on the fields within the park. Please keep that in mind. All park rules must be followed. The majors being, NO alcoholic beverages, no pets (yes even on leashes is still a no), no feeding the ducks or squirrels (or any other animal that might happen to actually live there), and no getting in the water (there is a river that runs through the park and our vows are actually being exchanged on the walk-over of the water). The other rules are pretty common to most other parks.

6:We are asking that everyone please a donation to help us have and pay for a honeymoon, instead of gifts. Seriously, we do not have the space for anything and we have basically everything we need. There will be a "Honeymoon Donation" container on site on a table.

7: Many of us actually belong to one costume club or another. I had gotten permission for a few tables to be set up if some of the clubs would like to have a manned table for their respective club, its fine with us. Just lets not overdo it. 1 table for each club is more than sufficient. And if there are members of your club that are unaware of this wedding, and you would like to pass on the information and invite them, our opinion is that we are only doing this publicly so we can spend some time with all of you. Invite them, and ask them to please read this so everyone is on the same page.

8: The most important thing about all of this? HAVE FUN WITH US! We could think of no better way to celebrate this event, than to share it with the costuming community that we have become involved with, have been made to feel at home with, and as many have become good friends and extended family, this day is mostly for your benefit. So that we get to dress up in Star Wars costumes on Star Wars Day, with those closest to us. How could it be any better. nd I am sure there will be some big laughs had by all, as we have something planned that is sure to put a smile on a lot of faces. The younger audience may not get the concept, but all the adults will. Especially those of you that have been married, are married, or dodged the proverbial bullet of marriage.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif. Empty Re: May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif.

Post by Darth_Ziro Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 am

This looks interesting. Would love to attend as a representative of TDE =D will keep this in mind and hopefully get the day off from work for it. =D
Darth_Ziro
Darth_Ziro
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE129

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:57 am

I'll have to see if i can make it that would be awesome!
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE 076

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

http://ashleymkalfas.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Just a bump for the Coruscant Temple. This is our next event; one we've been invited to.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:32 am

looks like fun! i should be able to make it. hopefully unleash a new costume or ill toss on my old jedi duds (which may need much altering). in either case i think a table regardless of leting us is overkill.. I still have some propaganda in my tote and ill be bringing a ezup as weel - joe we can use this as a front for your changing tent if you like:)
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE166
Location : Sol system - Earth, western hemisphere, north American continent, west coast, republic of California, county of Orange, lake forest

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://www.starsabers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 pm

I should be able to make it. I may or may not have my munchkin. Depending on things. But since i know what day it is, i can always request monday off.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE181

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:03 am

Giving this thread a bump, since the event is now less than a month away. Our Mercs allies are hoping for TDE members to join them at this event. See the first two posts for details.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks for der bump, Brutal One!
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Location : Sol system - Earth, western hemisphere, north American continent, west coast, republic of California, county of Orange, lake forest

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Wish I could made it but sadly no can do, I've already got 7 local things to try and fit in that weekend XD
I hope everyone has a blast though! Can't wait to see pics
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE 076

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

http://ashleymkalfas.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Looking forward to attending this.I'll get to unveil the new saber and robe May the Fourth (May 4th 2014) STAR WARS Wedding - Anaheim, Calif. 1262993100 .
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE048

Character sheet
member sheets: .I am the third Darth Mortis to become Dark Lord Of The Sith since 3,851 BBY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm

UPDATE ON THIS EVENT:

We have gotten permission from the city to have costume club tables set up for all the Star Wars costume clubs. I was asked if we really wanted to turn our wedding into a mini convention? The answer is a resounding YES! That was actually what we really wanted. We wanted to have the feel of a convention, the support of all our friends and family, and the participation from all of the Star Wars costume clubs.
For me, its not just a hobby, it's home. It's where I want to be spending all my time. And usually am doing just that. We couldn't think of a better way to get all our favorite people together, celebrate Star Wars Day, and actually spend the day, talking with those we have met, and those we will meet for the first time at the wedding. And the actual ceremony is really kind of a show for all of you. And to satisfy the letter of the law lol. So yes, a mini convention is exactly what we wanted, and are hoping to achieve.
So, if you are a member of one of the many clubs, and have the tables or booth that you would use at any event, bring it along. Set it up, and shamelessly share your passion and information about who are and what we do. I will have Skirata's table there and would love to explain to anyone wanting to know what it is we do, as well as answer any and all questions about how to join and be a part of it with us.

I have our temple banner, which like most in the club is free-standing. However, I also have our new table skirt, but no table. Does anyone have an extra folding table that they can bring? I have a plethora of props, but will just bring a few - I'll have to be leaving this at around 2:30pm.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Ziro Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:57 pm

I'll be there, And if no one has a table I can buy one from Target some time before the actual event.
Darth_Ziro
Darth_Ziro
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:18 pm

I was thinking of purchasing a folding table, as well. I would need something very lightweight and portable, of course. Lord Ziro, please let me know what prices you find at Target, I will look into WalMart or similar. Perhaps we can compare prices, etc. Thanks for the help!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

This is this coming weekend. I've decided not to purchase a folding table, especially since I will have to leave a bit early before the event ends to go to work. However, I will bring the temple banner, since it is free-standing.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Ziro Fri May 02, 2014 2:31 am

Manage to pick up a 6 foot folding table from Target for $40

I will be most likely be there for the entire event. So clearing the table and holding to the props should not be an issue. Afterwards I will most likely be hanging out with a couple of members from Saber Guild, if not swing by Disneyland to see if there any Star Wars Pins left for May 4/5 =D

Hope to see everyone there. =D
Darth_Ziro
Darth_Ziro
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Fri May 02, 2014 2:33 am

Thanks Darth Ziro. If i don't show up, please take pictures and give me a summary of what happend for the troop! I would like to get as many may the 4th activities up on the facebook page!!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Fri May 02, 2014 2:58 am

Hi Bruticus, And all my Brothers and Sisters attending!

Just a really quick update:
i will have an ezup to butt up against Bruticus', we should have the most amazing setup. Aside to this i will be bringing a small fold out table (about 2x3). ill also have a cooler in tow and am worrking on the ice now. additionally bring a chair to chill in and remember to hydrate - ill also have waters available. if you all need anything else im stepping up as our illustrious Jen'ari may not be in attendance. additionally if you have some janky saber work, ill have my portable gear available for work - and new cards. if you have last minute costume malfunctions let me know i can bang em out in no time if you have the credits. just dont wait til the morning of get a hold of me ASAP

Askai
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 am

Jason, Im off that day too... I may remember to bring civilian duds as i dont think theyll let us in the park all swarsie as Joe would put it.
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks Askai!! All those items are must for every trooping event from now on until the end of september with the summer season starting. I'm still waiting on my schedule for next week. There was talk of working 7 days, but it is still up in the air. If I do not have to work, I will be there. If not, I will be relaying on you to make sure everything goes well with TDE!!! I do want pictures and a mission report afterwards!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue May 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Here's a brief report.  I went ahead and "un-stickied" this in the Coruscant Temple Events area, since the event is now over.

On International STAR WARS Day, May the Fourth, 2014, members of The Dark Empire, along with members of Saber Guild, the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, and STAR WARS fandom at large joined the Skirata and Manda'galaar Clans of the Mandalorian Mercs in celebrating the union of two of their own in matrimony at Pearson Park in Anaheim, California.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Wed May 07, 2014 12:43 am

Awesome!!! Thanks Joe!!! Pics and mission report have been posted on facebook!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue May 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Members of the Coruscant Temple have raised $200 for our Mandalorian allies on their honeymoon.

We wish them a fun adventure and many glorious conquests in their pursuit of happiness together.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down