The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Events

5 posters

Go down

Events Empty Events

Post by Darth Karnivous Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:53 am

So does anybody know of any TDE events in the near future for the Henderson, Owensboro, Evansville area? I know there are a lot in the Louisville area but it is difficult for me to travel that far for now.
Darth Karnivous
Darth Karnivous
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE173

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Events Empty Re: Events

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

I believe you, Ayam, and Darth Midnight are the Empires representatives in your area.

What you should do, is to find out where events are happening and speak to the venue about Dark Empire attendance in your area.

Go get em brother! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Thought I better clarify something on my above statement.

Aside from things like Cons, don't go asking venues for Dark Empire attendance, where you know other Star Wars clubs are going to be at.

That would include things like "Book signings, Movie Openings, Games, etc". If another Star Wars club is there, the protocol is to wait for an invite from "them".

You "can" contact venues where no other Star Wars clubs will be in attendance, get the arrangements made, and then invite the other clubs. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Lord Zannah on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Karnivous Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Yea that seems to me to be the problem. From reading through the boards events we started seem to have been taken over. I am pondering this issue and trying to figure out a way to increase awareness of the TDE without stepping on toes. I disagree with the bylaw about not asking a venue were another club is trooping. I think we should all be allowed to contact them let them officially invite who they want and do away with the whole club to club invites. However though I do not agree that is our bylaw and rest assured I will abide by it.
Darth Karnivous
Darth Karnivous
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShocKNursE Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks for the clarification of your post Lord Zannah.

I am curious about which events you feel have been "taken over". I can assure you that the Bloodfin events in the southern part of Indiana are the result of the hard work of our Southern Events Coordinator and the troopers in the area. They have gone to great lengths to build relationships with event sponsors and to that end, should be afforded the courtesy of not 'coat tailing' on their success.

You are certainly allowed to contact prospective event sponsors in Indiana, so long as the request doesn't conflict, or coincide, with an already scheduled event involving either Bloodfin Garrison or Mos Espa Base and it is made absolutely clear that you represent TDE and in are no way affiliated with any other SW costuming group. If, at that point, the prospective sponsor wants to extend an invitation to your group, so be it. At no point should you be effectively inviting yourself to an event already organized by another group.

You are, of course, free to attend any event you haven't received a formal invitation to, so long as you understand that you do so as a fan and will not be afforded any special privileges. Our event forum is open to the public and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

The time may come when TDE is invited to participate in events that BG is not. When that day comes, we would graciously accept an invitation if extended. Otherwise, we will defer to your organization to spread the wonder of Star Wars.

Respectfully,
Mike Adams
Bloodfin XO

ShocKNursE

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Karnivous Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:55 pm

personally I know of none. I have just read a few threads and it comes across as the TDE has set up events in the past and because of lack of members the 501st started trooping the event and has done so ever since. Since I was not a member then it could just be miss interpreting on my part on what I read, if that is the case then all I can do is apologize.
Darth Karnivous
Darth Karnivous
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vox Deamonicus Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:41 pm

what threads do you believe give this impression?

Lord Vox Deamonicus

Character sheet
member sheets: I am the voice of demons, the voice of madness

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayam Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm

i'm pretty sure a lot of this needs to be in pm's, as this isn't the thread for it. to sum it up, Zannah is correct, Midnight and I are members here in the owensboro area, and we're also members of the Midsouth garrison. we usually attends events that both groups are welcomed at, such as the JDRF walk this past week in Louisville, Wonderfest (in louisville as well), Free Comic Book day, and others that pop up. just keep your eye here on the Ruusan board, and if anything happens, i'll be sure to post Smile good to have you in the area!
Ayam
Ayam
Assistant Jen'ari
Assistant Jen'ari

Official Member # : TDE138

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 am

Your welcome Mike. Wink And by the way, good to see you on the boards. Cool

And For clarification Darth Karnivous, or anyone else who may be reading this thread and now have suspicions about any kinds of supposed troop take overs... heed my following statements and heed them well.

There are "no" events which TDE has begun which have been taken over by "any" other group, and especially Bloodfin of the 501st. ... nor vice-versa. Evil or Very Mad

I have no idea how that could have been construed from "anything" which has "ever" been posted here on our boards anywhere.

I want to make it perfectly clear and right now... That is NOT true.

And in POINT OF FACT: If not for the local 501st Garrisons... TDE wouldn't be as well heard of in our area as we are.

I want to make it perfectly clear about something here. The 501st Garrisons in the area of Ruusan have PUT OUR BUTTS ON THE MAP.

Several of our members can attest to that being the absolute truth. I am going to say this again...

RUUSAN OWES THE GARRISONS A GALAXY OF THANKS FOR MANY DOORS WHICH HAVE BEEN OPENED TO US.

GOT IT?? The Ruusan Temple owe the Garrisons in our area a great deal of thanks. "And I do thank them for every door which was opened by them, our Diabetes Walk being one of them".

I will "not" tolerate any slander nor rumors being started about any of the Garrisons in our area. NON.

Guys, the simple matter is this: There have developed some issues that Bloodfin deemed warranted a separation of trooping between us and themselves. At least on their part. Issues which I have told everyone I have spoken with, that I completely understand.

AND I DO UNDERSTAND.

And let there be NO DOUBT NOR CONFUSION HERE: I am on very good terms with Bloodfin and MidSouth and so is Ruusan. I have worked diligently with several of their members to create these relationships. I intend to KEEP our good standings that way. That is unless any of our members do something to mess that up. And that would place you in hot water with ME.

It's a big planet, there are loads of things going on. There is a lot of room for everyone to have events without stepping on toes.

At this time, I am going to make a few power statements right here and now. After which, I do not want to hear "anything" more about other groups doing this or that unless I or the Ruusan Officers receive a "pm" about it. Zap

As the Empires Nes'ari.... I have the power to lock down a thread, delete the whole thing all together, AND/OR to place a member on suspension, duration of time of said suspension, totally at "my" discretion.

YES ... AND ... All without permission from any other council member of the Empire. Events 4139026197

Creating drama on our public boards ... and/or with another Star Wars group, is not a good idea.

From this moment forward, any questions or concerns about our trooping protocol, concerns period, or complaints will be sent via a pm to the Ruusan Officers or to the Imperial Council.

Alright...
The Force Serve Ruusan,
And .. Troop Well My Brothers and Sisters. Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Karnivous Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:38 am

Ok so I don't know were the hostility is coming from, and were the idea of hijacking a troop came from. I assure you that will not happen. I am an individual and I have stated before just because I don't agree with something does not mean I wont abide by the rules. I will request that all statements past the first three be stricken from this thread and for it to be used to post trooping Ideas for the Henderson, Owensboro area.
Darth Karnivous
Darth Karnivous
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:05 am

No one stated anything about you hijacking a troop. No one said anything to that end at all. Evil or Very Mad

I was clarifying that the Bloodfin had never hijacked a troop. That the Empire had never began trooping a venue with poor or low attendance, ending with other groups stepping in and taking it over. The assumption that had happened in the past had been presented. I countered it. That was all.

Which if that was ever the case, then so much the better. If we have low attendance, then someone "should" step in.

And... There is no hostility... yet. Only "clarification".

I appreciate your request to remove the posts, however I think they need to remain. It is important that everyone knows the content to it's completion.

Again, no one thought you intended hi-jacking anything. Evil or Very Mad

We can begin a new from this point, or you may begin another thread and I will lock this one down, to be removed at a later date.

It is your choice. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Karnivous Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:11 am

as you wish.
Darth Karnivous
Darth Karnivous
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 am

Just so there is clarification on this matter, I am going to quote the following sections of our charter, as they pertain to our club policies on trooping with other clubs. If anyone has any questions about them, please bring them directly to me in a PM or email, or to another Council Member, such as Lord Zannah. I am your Tyran'ari, and the author of most of what is in our Charter. If there are any questions at all about the guidelines within our club, please bring them to me.

--------------------

Article III, section 8:

TDE POLICY OF MUTUAL FAN GROUP SUPPORT
It is the policy of The Dark Empire to maintain an open gesture of goodwill and cooperation
with the other costuming fan groups, in terms of charitable work. TDE recognizes that, as other
groups like it were formed prior to its existence, other groups may be invited to events where
The Dark Empire might not be. Nevertheless, The Dark Empire shall make a practice of fairness
and openness to working with other groups, especially at events coordinated by Temples within
TDE. The Dark Empire supports all other fan groups like it.

a. At no time whatsoever shall costumed members of TDE arrive at an event sponsored by
another group uninvited. Such an act is not representative of this policy, and is considered
detrimental to the image and integrity of The Dark Empire. Members of TDE committing such
an act shall be subject to actions as outlined in Article VII of this Charter.

b. Members of TDE are forbidden to request permission or seek invitations to appear at any
event or venue in costume, with the prior knowledge that the event is hosted by another Star
Wars fan group. TDE respects other groups of its kind, and will never seek to include
themselves in an event hosted by another group without an invitation. Persons planning events
may consult with other groups or staff members of prospective event locations, should it be
deemed necessary, in order to avoid any conflict of interest. The TDE policies prohibiting
appearances of members in TDE-approved costumes at non-TDE events without an invitation,
and prohibiting the seeking of invitations, shall be strictly enforced.

---------------------

Article III, section 16:

EVENT INVITATIONS FROM OTHER CLUBS TO TDE & TDE TO OTHER CLUBS
There shall be no posting of event invitations on the TDE forums from other fan group message
boards without a direct invitation from an officer or event organizer from the other group,
and/or viceversa. Invitations to club events must be sent or received by a club officer or event
organizer of TDE and the other pertaining fan group(s).
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Thank you for that Brutal Guy. Twisted Evil

This thread is now locked and this discussion is at an end. This thread will be archived at a later date.

Lord Karnivous, you may begin another thread which concerns trooping events in your area. Twisted Evil

Some coaching on how to approach a venue:

You can tell them that "The Empire specializes in Old Republic Sith". There were quite literally "armies" of them, most of them un-known. We therefore have many Old Republic custom costumes, and "some" new republic custom costumes.

Lord Bane and myself represent "Continuity Canon" Characters. Our costumes are customized based off of descriptions from the books and comic and book cover images.

Darth Midnight has a TDE approved Lord Vader in your area. He is very busy however so I'm not sure how many events he can make.

If the venue requests a Vader, please let them know that you can not commit him until you have spoken with him.

Also, when you have a troop date for anything, post it up in the "Ruusans" events forum. You'll find it at the top of the main Ruusan Temple Page.

You never know how many of us can make it up your way. Also send the invite up to Iridonia, they are right across the river from you. Just post the invite to their Temple Boards.

Handling it that way will help get attendance for your area. Wink

If you have any questions, just send me a pm.
Troop Well Brother.

===

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down