The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters

3 posters

Go down

Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters Empty Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters

Post by WillrowHood Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 am

Who: You! We also have invited the Rebel Legion, the 501st, Mandolorian Mercs, the Orange County Star Wars Society, and the SoCal Saber Guild
What: Episode One in 3D Release Event! We are there to celebrate the release of the film, and to raise money for charity! We're going to have a costume contest for both kids and adults, video games on the big screen, Star Wars trivia, a LIVE lightsaber choreography demonstration (and possibly a contest), and two raffles to benefit the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life.
When: Feb 11th at 11am. Film starts at 1pm (subject to change)

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Where: UltraLuxe Anaheim Cinemas at GardenWalk - 321 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA
Why: Because we love Star Wars and to raise money for the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life.
How: Pre-order now and then just show up, preferably in costume! Click here to pre-order: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Hey folks! I know that I have met some of you at conventions, and as a member of the Orange County Star Wars Society (OCSWS) I may have trooped with a couple of you as well. Anyway, we have a big event coming up in a couple of weeks, and I would love to have as many people (in costume) as possible.

My company Yvette Avenue Productions is proudly hosting this event. We are there to celebrate the release of the film, and to raise money for charity! We're going to have a costume contest for both kids and adults, video games on the big screen, Star Wars trivia, a LIVE lightsaber choreography demonstration (and possibly a contest), and two raffles to benefit the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life.

Link to the web site and the Facebook event:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

$15 will cover admission, one of any food or drink item on their menu. Your $15 also includes one (1) raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase on the day of the event on site.

YOU MUST PRE-ORDER YOUR TICKETS.
Go here to pre-order: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

THE MOVIE

It's hard to believe that some people have never seen this film, but here is an opportunity to introduce Star Wars to your kids, or to just enjoy it again, now in 3D. Check out the trailer here:

COSTUME INFORMATION

Kids and grown up kids are encouraged to dress up as their favorite Star Wars character. We have invited the Rebel Legion, the 501st, Mandolorian Mercs, the Orange County Star Wars Society, and the SoCal Saber Guild to be a part of the fun so there should be plenty of awesome costumes to see. Bring your cameras and take pictures with your favorites.

FOOD

With your pre-order admission, you will get your choice of three food and drink packages.

• Package One
    Hot dog and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: This drink is not refillable.

• Package Two
    A personal pizza and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: The pizza is baked on site in a real convection oven, so you will have to wait a little while for the pizza to bake through. Also, this drink is not refillable.

• Package Three
    Popcorn and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: This drink is not refillable.

You must order your food and drink at the same time. At the counter you will place your order and give your ticket to the concessions worker. That ticket is your payment.

RAFFLE INFO

NOTE: All raffle proceeds are going to Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society, so it's for a really good cause.

We're going to have two raffles. One for the kids and one for adults.

The kid's raffle will feature five (5) Star Wars t-shirts as prizes, and for the Grand Prize, we will raffle off an Ultrasabers Iniate Limited Edition lightsaber!

For pictures and a description of this "elegant weapon for a more civilized age", visit [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

However I will tell you that this saber is made for dueling, so you have no concerns about breaking it. This Limited Edition version of the Initiate also has gold anodized grooves!

Check out the video here:

A raffle ticket is included with your ticket purchase and additional Kid's raffle tickets are only $1.

Adults

The adult grand prize is autographed memorabilia donated from CoolWaters Productions. If you're not familiar, these are the guys that you see at all of the conventions offering signings and products from Star Wars and other popular Sci-Fi films. You can check out their store here. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

A raffle ticket is included with your ticket purchase and additional Adult raffle tickets are only $2. Remember that all raffle ticket proceeds go to charity.

TRIVIA

The trivia questions will be taken directly from Star Wars Trivial Pursuit so start studying now. The winner gets a cool new Orange County Star Wars Society t-shirt, and a HUGE Episode One 3D movie poster from the theater, and free movie passes. Runners up will get free movie passes.

COSTUME CONTEST

This contest is for Star Wars costumes only. The winner will be selected by round of applause so be creative and get the crowd on your side. The winner gets a cool new Orange County Star Wars Society t-shirt, and a HUGE Episode One 3D movie poster from the theater, and free movie passes. Runners up will get free movie passes.

There will be separate contests for adult and kid's costumes.

Last edited by WillrowHood on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 7 times in total
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

http://vigilanteproject.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters Empty Re: Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters

Post by Darth Radix Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 am

Oh man! Sounds awesome. Wish I could be there but out of town for a while. We have a home a little over a mile west on katella so I'll pass on to my wife and son to see if they can attend.

Ps not obvious that its at anaheim gardenwalk. You might consider putting that in bold at top of post webpages etc.
Darth Radix
Darth Radix
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE118

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters Empty Re: Episode One in 3D Release Event - February 11th at 11am at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Theaters

Post by WillrowHood Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:35 am

sharkdude1 wrote:Oh man! Sounds awesome. Wish I could be there but out of town for a while. We have a home a little over a mile west on katella so I'll pass on to my wife and son to see if they can attend.

Ps not obvious that its at anaheim gardenwalk. You might consider putting that in bold at top of post webpages etc.
Sounds good and thanks for the suggestion!
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 am

Thanks for this. It has already been posted by one of our full members in the Coruscant Temple section of these forums, which pertains to the region of TDE covering California.

WillrowHood, thanks for joining us on our forums. Please take the time to introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section of these boards. We ask all new members to our forums to do so.

I won't delete this post, even though it's already been posted. The Events forum might be eliminated entirely in the near future, in favor of events being posted within the regional Temple forums, and also to avoid double-posts like this.

Thanks for sharing this, though!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 am

FYI: The smallest theater holds 45 people. The largest holds 340. WE WILL BOOK THE THEATER BASED ON PRE-ORDERS ONLY. We NEED you to pre-order your tickets and reserve your spot so that we don't have 340 people show up to a 45 seat theater. Go here to PRE-ORDER through PayPal now: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Lord Bruticus wrote:Thanks for this. It has already been posted by one of our full members in the Coruscant Temple section of these forums, which pertains to the region of TDE covering California.

WillrowHood, thanks for joining us on our forums. Please take the time to introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section of these boards. We ask all new members to our forums to do so.

I won't delete this post, even though it's already been posted. The Events forum might be eliminated entirely in the near future, in favor of events being posted within the regional Temple forums, and also to avoid double-posts like this.

Thanks for sharing this, though!

Joe, I will hit the roll call section in a bit, and the idea of killing the Events forum sounds good to me. Thanks for the response.
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Hey everybody.

I am posting this because an attendee (not from this forum) asked if they would get free access to the film because they were part of the event. The answer to that question is no. I just want to clarify or otherwise reiterate that all attendees need to buy a ticket to the event. The theater is allowing us to throw this event because it puts butts in seats and makes them money. Therefore, while we appreciate that the attendees will be adding to the atmosphere and to the experience, we are there to see a movie and the theater must get paid.

Thank you.
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 am

I just finalized the order for the grand prize Ultrasabers lightsaber for the kid's raffle. Ultrasabers was awesome enough to give us a nice discount on the product as proceeds from the raffle are going to charity. If you have ever wanted your own lightsaber, I have bought two from Ultrasabers, and I couldn't be happier.

And here is a camera phone picture of the other kid's raffle prizes that I picked up today. Star Wars t-shirts!!! There are five total ranging from XS to XL. I hope that the kids like them!

WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:34 am

I'll be attending this in costume as Sidious, but can only stay until 1pm. Therefore, I won't be watching the film. I can still pay the fifteen bucks, if need be - just let me know here. It's for the kids.

This event is now double-posted in the Coruscant Temple; just so there is no confusion. The other post of the same event is "stickied."
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:51 pm

UPDATE!!!

I met with the theater manager today and here are a few notes and changes.

1. The movie will start at 12:30pm. We're planning to have all of the activities happen between 11 and 12 so that everyone can run to the restroom, change out of their costumes, grab food, or whatever during that break.

2. We will have someone posted at the front with a guest list. You will need to give that person your name and they will give you your ticket/coupon for food.

3. Food packages

Due to forces beyond our control, the one (1) of any food item was shot down. However, we have come up with something better! With your admission, you will get your choice of three food and drink packages.

• Package One
    Hot dog and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: This drink is not refillable.

• Package Two
    A personal pizza and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: The pizza is baked on site in a real convection oven, so you will have to wait a little while for the pizza to bake through. Also, this drink is not refillable.

• Package Three
    Popcorn and a 24 ounce drink of your choice. Note: This drink is not refillable.

You must order your food and drink at the same time. At the counter you will place your order and give your ticket to the concessions worker. That ticket is your payment.

4. Kaden, I finally got the word. Costumed folks will change in a secure area, and once the movie starts, the room will be locked and only management has a key.

5. PRE-ORDER DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH! You must pre-order your tickets before then to be on the list. We have to turn in the funds and secure the theater Wednesday. We need an accurate count to make sure that we book the right-size theater.

That's it for now. If you haven't ordered your tickets please do now. You have five days. Thanks!
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 am

Today I received the Adult raffle grand prize from my friend Derek Maki over at Coolwaters Productions. It's a signed 8x10 of Jake Lloyd aka Anakin from Episode One! There are some other signed photos to go with it but you'll have to show up to the event to find out what they are.

Here's is a scan of the picture still in its protective sleeve.

WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Last edited by WillrowHood on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deadline extended.)
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 am

A lot of people have expressed interest in this event and have asked me to extend the purchase deadline. Based on the number of pre-orders and RSVPs we have, Yvette Avenue Productions will be renting out a 140 seat theater on Wednesday, which provides some room for more orders. So, if you get paid Friday or otherwise could not pre-order by tomorrow, we are extending the pre-order deadline to Friday the 10th! Please be courteous and pre-order your tickets by going here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Also, we were just informed that So Cal Saber Guild will be performing at the event. Check them out here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Lastly, check out our finalized prizes below.

PRIZES

Adult Raffle
Winner: Cool Water's Memorabilia, Free Movie Passes

Kid's Raffle
Winner: Ultrasabers Lightsaber
Runners Up: Star Wars t-shirts

Adult Costume Contest
Winner: OCSWS t-shirt, Free Movie Passes

Kid's Costume Contest
Winner: Star Wars T-shirt, Movie theater poster

Trivia Contest
Winner: Movie Poster, OCSWS t-shirt, Free Movie Passes
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:28 pm

HUGE UPDATES!!!

Okay folks, big news. Today we met with the theater manager and secured our tickets. Unfortunately we didn't have enough pre-orders to rent out the theater, but this has sort of worked in our favor.

1. The event will now be open to the public. We'll be in a larger theater (seats 290) and so we will have more people to interact with, the light saber guys will have more people to perform for, and we will have a even greater opportunity to sell raffle tickets. This is good news!

2. Pre-orders are still preferred. Pre-orders include a significantly discounted food and a drink, and come with a raffle ticket. YOU'LL SAVE MONEY BY PRE-ORDERING!!!

3. The movie will start at 1pm instead of 12:30pm.

4. Festivities will start at around 11:30am however we are leaving the start time at 11am to allow for tardiness, costume changing,

5. From 11am to 11:30am those that want can "troop" outside of the theater, posing for pictures and such. You don't have to troop. I know that in the other thread a point was made about how this is a social event and therefore, you do NOT have to dress in costume, and you do NOT have to troop. However with the later start time, we needed a half hour to kill and I figured why not. We'll have someone in costume with the guest list and our droid out front anyway so why not make our presence known outside the theater? If you don't want to troop, you don't have to. I just thought it would be fun.

6. We can't control seating anymore so have someone save your seat. We'll be there long before most of the general public shows up, but if you need to leave to change clothes, grab food, use the restroom, or whatever have someone save your seat!

If you have already pre-ordered your tickets and you have an issue with the later start time or any of the above changes, we apologize for the inconvenience and we are more than happy to issue you a full refund if necessary.
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 am

Larger version here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 am

Just confirmed, WE WILL HAVE TWO DEDICATED PHOTOGRAPHERS THERE TO DOCUMENT THE EVENT!
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:10 am

Tomorrow is the last day to pre-order. We're charging $15 and that includes a raffle ticket and food. The discounted food is key. You get a 24 ounce soda (sorry, no refills) and your choice of a hotdog, popcorn, or a personal pizza.

Theater tickets are $9 ($6 matinee plus $3 upgrade charge for 3D). Raffle tickets are $2. So you are basically paying $4 for food that would otherwise cost you double or triple that amount.
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:28 am

A quick word about the food.

When you arrive we will verify your name on the guest list. Then we will give you your movie ticket(s), blue (for kids) or red raffle ticket(s), and yellow food ticket(s). You give the yellow food ticket to the folks at the concession stand and tell them if you want the hot dog, pizza, or popcorn. It's a pretty cool set up. Thanks for being a part of it!

Remember that there are no refills on the 24 ounce soda, and that the pizza takes a little time to bake.
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 am

Thank you everyone for coming out! It was a little hectic at times, but we had a blast. Like our page [Only admins are allowed to see this link] for information on upcoming events.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them. In the meantime, please post yours on our Yvette Avenue Productions page at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Radix Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 am

Lookin fwd to the pics! My boy was lucha libre grievous and my wife was 'dark' Leia there in anaheim today while I was trooping as a gunner in Anapolis MD today!
Darth Radix
Darth Radix
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE118

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by WillrowHood Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 am

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we're doing an Avengers Midnight Release Event. Same theater. Check out the details here!
WillrowHood
WillrowHood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down