The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Possible Trooping oportunity Dec 8th

+4
Darth Phyre
swfan67
KnightStalker
Vad Kaar
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possible Trooping oportunity Dec 8th - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Trooping oportunity Dec 8th

Post by KnightStalker Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 pm

I've gotten 1 reply to our invite to Rebel Legion and its from Brent, the CO of Bespin Base and this is what he wrote ;
Chris, please have them fill out an event request.

Thanks,
Brent

I guess the Legions are taking formal writin requests now, stuff I'm not aware it ever heard of. I'm guessing this will probably be a " no show" from them again.
We have great people signing up for this event and I'm willing , if they really want Jedi scratch , to break mine out , if its ok with the council. It is a RL approved , but if I have to register one of them as a " gray Jedi" , I will. Whatever best serves the people and the Empire.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE033/SRS005

Character sheet
member sheets: Dark Lord of Hunger *Devour of Planets * I am Phantom Lord Nihilus,The KnightStalker

Back to top Go down

Possible Trooping oportunity Dec 8th - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Trooping oportunity Dec 8th

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Ill be bringing my camera, and a big thermos of coffee it may be chilly out there

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah, RL a no show unless they fill out a page long order form of " who,what,where,and why" . Once again TDE left holding the ball.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets: Dark Lord of Hunger *Devour of Planets * I am Phantom Lord Nihilus,The KnightStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 pm

KnightStalker wrote:Yeah, RL a no show unless they fill out a page long order form of " who,what,where,and why" . Once again TDE left holding the ball.

Thats pretty lame...but it gives TDE a good reputation among the general population as a group who will do something for the kids "just because" on a moments notice, instead of having to jump through hoops just to make a kid smile. Oh well, In my experience fan groups or any group that starts acting like rock stars and makes themselves "unavailable" because of paperwork eventually find themselves in a situation of less and less opportunites.

Its a lot like a community theatre group I belonged to years ago. we were asked to make an apperance at a retirement home and perform a scene from the play...the group leaders declined uless the organizers agreed to fill out a long form, pay royalties public performance royalties an appearance fee to the actors and the equivilant of one day of costume rentals. Well the word got out about the community theater's demands in that small town and the seasons box office take was dismal because of the bad word of mouth.

Chin up TDE, it just makes everyone here look better in the eyes of the general public.

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 am

Well valarjac, not all of those groups(Rebel Legion/501st) members are like that. Wink Also don't judge the groups as a whole just by the replies of their current command staff. Not all of the members are aware of the behind the scenes of the groups inner leadership.

If I'm available and work doesn't get in my way I try to accomodate last minute request when I can.

You must also understand that some of these other groups like to see detailed info which is not a bad thing ,but it can limit troops/events fo them as you have stated. The more info that can be posted for the members to make a informed choice on if they want to partake in the event.

One of my biggest concerns that I see these days is a lot of the children doesn't always know the characters we protray,which can be a bummer. Crying or Very sad More and more I see parents that know of the characters we costume as ,but not always the kids. This is one of the reasons that I joined TDE not only to have some fresh faces to troop with ,but it gives me more choices for future costumes that are current with kids today. Smile
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE144

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm

swfan67 wrote: Well valarjac, not all of those groups(Rebel Legion/501st) members are like that. Wink Also don't judge the groups as a whole just by the replies of their current command staff. Not all of the members are aware of the behind the scenes of the groups inner leadership.

If I'm available and work doesn't get in my way I try to accomodate last minute request when I can.

You must also understand that some of these other groups like to see detailed info which is not a bad thing ,but it can limit troops/events fo them as you have stated. The more info that can be posted for the members to make a informed choice on if they want to partake in the event.

One of my biggest concerns that I see these days is a lot of the children doesn't always know the characters we protray,which can be a bummer. Crying or Very sad More and more I see parents that know of the characters we costume as ,but not always the kids. This is one of the reasons that I joined TDE not only to have some fresh faces to troop with ,but it gives me more choices for future costumes that are current with kids today. Smile

I know they all aren't like that, and I completely understand about wanting to know details. I don't Judge a group solely by replies of current command staff , but I am a little gun shy, This reaction comes from a lot of past experiences with different groups. Although the star wars costuming genre is fairly new to myself personaly, I have have been associated with a few Civil War groups, SCA (don't get me started on SCA ), LARP, Little Theatre troops, and more Cover Bands than I can remember lol... it always seemed like it ended up the wrong people would get into a leadership position, and either not allow the information to flow down to the membership or, ...they would tie it up in so much red-tape or make such rediculous demands that it became to difficult for anyone to do anything as a "joint" execise. So yes even though Im wary , I try to believe the best in groups untill proven otherwise

It is sad that a lot of the younger kids, don't know the star wars charachters from the movies, I am hoping the recent aquisition by disney will remedy this (hope hope hope ) Smile
they do know clone wars era stuff due to cartoon network They seem to know most of the major players in that even if they don't quite get the names right (as my 5 yr old grandson calls em "soaker tentoes", "general greenbus", "Dark Ball") but they do recognize them.

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm

valarjac wrote:
swfan67 wrote: Well valarjac, not all of those groups(Rebel Legion/501st) members are like that. Wink Also don't judge the groups as a whole just by the replies of their current command staff. Not all of the members are aware of the behind the scenes of the groups inner leadership.

I know they all aren't like that, and I completely understand about wanting to know details. I don't Judge a group solely by replies of current command staff , but I am a little gun shy, This reaction comes from a lot of past experiences with different groups. Although the star wars costuming genre is fairly new to myself personaly, I have have been associated with a few Civil War groups, SCA (don't get me started on SCA ), LARP, Little Theatre troops, and more Cover Bands than I can remember lol... it always seemed like it ended up the wrong people would get into a leadership position, and either not allow the information to flow down to the membership or, ...they would tie it up in so much red-tape or make such rediculous demands that it became to difficult for anyone to do anything as a "joint" execise. So yes even though Im wary , I try to believe the best in groups untill proven otherwise

It is sad that a lot of the younger kids, don't know the star wars charachters from the movies, I am hoping the recent aquisition by disney will remedy this (hope hope hope ) Smile
they do know clone wars era stuff due to cartoon network They seem to know most of the major players in that even if they don't quite get the names right (as my 5 yr old grandson calls em "soaker tentoes", "general greenbus", "Dark Ball") but they do recognize them.

Yes, I completely agree with you on the Disney front/purchase. I really hope they can add to the popularity of the Star Wars franchise. Very Happy As for things getting bogged down in "Red Tape" I've seen it during my time in the 501st and sadly its pretty much in all of the rest of the groups to some degree. It all comes down that we just can't allow it to ruin the fun times/parts of it for us. Smile For me pesonally just to see one child smile is all it takes for me to know that its worth everything that I do with it,anything else is just icing on the cake.
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I made a new page with roster and moving this one to Yavin 4 Temple Archives
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE121

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Don't forget guys, this'll be our holiday get together after meal event. I'm not sure of any eatteries around the location, I have to leave that up to Lord Phyre and his group up in that direction for suggestions.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 am

KnightStalker wrote:Don't forget guys, this'll be our holiday get together after meal event. I'm not sure of any eatteries around the location, I have to leave that up to Lord Phyre and his group up in that direction for suggestions.

its in loganville so tell me what yall in the mood for and price range.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar'Jetii Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 am

not fast food, whats in the area?
Dar'Jetii
Dar'Jetii
Merchandise Officer
Merchandise Officer

Official Member # : TDE090/SRS009

Character sheet
member sheets: SITH Warrior / Sith Acolyte

https://www.facebook.com/Flutie87

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 am

A good sit down place, applebees, chilis, etc.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 am

definitely a sit down place something that everyone might like
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 am

Dar'Jetii wrote:not fast food, whats in the area?

Ok loganville is a fairly small town, so the choices are limited... give me a consensus early and I can run over there and make sure 1. they are still there, and 2. to let them know we are comming and how many to expect.

there are two mexican places
a ruby tuesdays
a couple of chineese buffets
I-hop
Journeys end (owned by the world famous blue willow Old time southern country food buffet)
Chili's
couple of BBq joints that are hit and miss
Buffalo's cafe
Koyoto japanese steak house

and thats pretty much it other than places like moe's 5 guys

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 am

Both of these sound good to me - Journeys end (owned by the world famous blue willow Old time southern country food buffet) & Chili's. Smile
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 am

Chilis, Ruby Tuesdays, and Buffalos has the "after event brew" that usually comes in handy santa
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] link to new event page. I down for some brew king
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:27 am

I just got an email from our contact wanting our logo for their website. She said they are excited to have us and the kids are as well.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Stang;

It's a shame that Zannah and I won't be able too make it there, It's always fun spending time with you all. Tip some blue milk for us. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Its going to be a blast doing up a video. Cool that there adding are logo to this.
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Vad Kaar wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Ok,I have to say this can be a bit frustrating when I get a notice of a new post and when I go to sign on and check it out this is all I can see. Is there a "Admins thread" where this type of thing can be posted for Admins only? Rolling Eyes
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

swfan67 wrote:
Vad Kaar wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Ok,I have to say this can be a bit frustrating when I get a notice of a new post and when I go to sign on and check it out this is all I can see. Is there a "Admins thread" where this type of thing can be posted for Admins only? Rolling Eyes
ok found out why this does it. Myself was not sure what happened. When it was moved to archives it disapled the links. I moved it back to the Yavin 4 Temple Events.
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 am

Ok cool, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be seeing or not seeing. Good to know for future reference. Thank you. Laughing
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2