The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Dragoncon 2012 with pics

+5
Darth Shivilow
swfan67
KnightStalker
Lord Bruticus
Darth Phyre
9 posters

Go down

Dragoncon 2012 with pics Empty Dragoncon 2012 with pics

Post by Darth Phyre Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:19 am

Lord Phyre here with my trooping report for dragoncon

Before heading out for dragoncon, I went and picked up my nephew, for he has never been to a con, and wanted to go with me. On the way back to my house he informed me he had heard that I was in a Star wars costuming group and asked what it was all about. I proceeded to tell him all about TDE and the things we do. He was interested from the start. I showed him our website when we got back to my place and he was very impressed and said he was interested in joining. Any way we proceeded to get our stuff redy and prepare for dragoncon and I donned my "Lord Phyre attire". and we waited.

Soon after getting ready, my former apprentice, Darth Nemis (TDE-132), arrived to pick us up and head to the con. It took us 30 minutes to get there from my house.
We arrived just before 4 am Others arrived soon thereafter. I'm guessing alot of people heard what i had heard about there only being a finite number of "Saturday-only" memberships available.
Finally, zero-hour approached. 8 a.m. We were lead in by hotel security and dragoncon staff. We got our passes and proceeded into the fun.

The Sith and the Jedi definitely had quite a presence there! there were sith and jedi everywhere! I was having a blast.

On the way to see the parade, I ran into a couple of stormtrooper police, who tried to arrest me, they let me go however. must have mistaken me for a jedi scum!
I complimented them on their armor, and they said "We put the 5-0 back in the 501st!" AWESOME!
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

The parade was great, there were video game characters, pirates, mortal kombat characters, zombies, superheroes, villains and everything, I spotted "Star wars" people, and then our own Lord Draconis carrying our banner followed by several members of TDE! I would have joined in marching, but i was beat from standing in line half the night.

I also introduced my nephew to our Sith'ari. Twas a good meeting.

While walking about the con, there were tons of people asking to get a pic with me. And after each pic they said "Thank you, QUI-GON". !!!
I guess i really do look like him, and since we do accept him in TDE as a grey Jedi, I know what I must do. And I probably will....soon.

But, incidently, I was walking about the dealer rooms and happened to pass (beleive it or not) A qui-gon jinn!!!
I had to do a 360 and get a pic. He said he wasnt a member of any group so i decided to grab him for us first!
I told him where we were all hanging out and a while later, he walked up, Lord draconis checked out his costume and gave him his blessing.
I hope to see him soon on the forums.

I saw several very impressive looking Sith custom costumers and told them about TDE. Hopefully our ranks will fill out soon.

I ran into a couple of jedi as well who tried to take me into custody, but i broke free, and since i was out numbered, i fled to find re-enforcements.

I had the distinct honor of having lunch with our sith'ari, my former apprentice, and two more of our numbers (forgive me for forgetting the TDE names and numbers, but i beleive it was the Licht brothers).
It was great to finally meet more of TDE in person.
Later on, I ran into "the TDE guy with all the costumes" as he said he was sometimes known as, Dark Jedi Kyen. I walked around with him and enjoyed the sites for a bit and got a few costuming tips.
Before I do a "Qui-Gon" Costume, I have a concept for a costume I will only refer to as "Jedi-hunter" for now.

I wanted to attend the Mercs mixer and the last party on alderaan, but unfortunately lack of sleep was taking its toll on me.

And, the last thing I would like to mention, Is that I now know exactly what Lord bruticus means when he says "It's all about seeing the kids smile".

While i was walking to my entourage's designated meeting spot. I heard a womans voice say, "Excuse me." I turned and and saw a woman, with a little Padme, who couldnt have been more than 5. The woman said, "Go ask him".
And the little padme came up to me and asked for an autograph and a pic. I was more than happy to oblige, although i did ask the mother if i was supposed to sign as Qui-gon. huh huh
If I had a dollar for everyone that thought I was Qui-gon, I'd buy a rubies vader costume For myself and join the 501st....after getting it approved on TDE of course.

I Had a blast.

Lord Phyre.

Oh, and by the way, me and fellow Sith Kyen managed to engage the fugitive order 66 survivor Obi-wan Kenobi. But, as seen in the movies, he got away. lol
Darth Phyre
Darth Phyre
Jen'ari (Temple Master)
Jen'ari (Temple Master)

Official Member # : TDE123

Character sheet
member sheets:

https://www.facebook.com/LordPhyreTDE123I

Back to top Go down

Dragoncon 2012 with pics Empty Re: Dragoncon 2012 with pics

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Excellent mission report!

I have your email; I'll get this onto the next podcast. Great pics, too. Brutal One LIKE!!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightStalker Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Great report. I so look forward to our troop up there.
KnightStalker
KnightStalker
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE033/SRS005

Character sheet
member sheets: Dark Lord of Hunger *Devour of Planets * I am Phantom Lord Nihilus,The KnightStalker

Back to top Go down

Post by swfan67 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Excellent report Lord Phyre! Smile Word of advice though as far as the Rubie's Vader costume goes, its more trouble than its worth as for using it to join the 501st with. Wink There have been several 501st members that have modded it to point of getting into the 501st Legion,but after all the modding have gone and then spent more money to get accurate costume pieces and ended up discarding the modded pieces. I honestly think if you want to portray Lord Vader you would be happier if you got all the correct pieces the first time around and you would end up spending less money. Dragoncon 2012 with pics 3372957210
swfan67
swfan67
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE144

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Great Report! And Lord Phyre, if you did a Qui-Gon that would be B.O.S.S.!! Twisted Evil I've always thought you'd make an outstanding Qui-Gon! We accept his character too, and have been waiting for someone to step up. cheers

His character is Canon, so the bar is raised on fabrics and integrity. The costume must look like Qui-Gons. Wink

You'll need to submit the images you use to create your costume within your WIP, so that we can follow your progress.

When you are done, we'll place your images, along with a shot of yourself, to set our CRLs for our Qui-Gon costume, which would also make you our premier Costumer for Qui-Gon! The Empires first! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Shivilow Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

It was a pleasure to also meet lord pyhre on Saturday and I also possed with Tde 161 as well. As soon as I get my pics from pyhre I will submit them to trials since I was in full shivilow gear and hot too
Darth Shivilow
Darth Shivilow
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE271

Character sheet
member sheets: Darth Sidious's Insane Sith Daughter/Sith Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Nocturnus Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 am

Outstanding Mission Report Lord Phyre! Dragoncon looks and sounds exhausting lol drunken
Darth Nocturnus
Darth Nocturnus
Jen'ari (Temple Master)
Jen'ari (Temple Master)

Official Member # : TDE034 / SRS002

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Lord of Night

https://www.facebook.com/DarthNocturnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

I think we'll try this one out, it appears like a huge Star Wars contengent shows up for it. And with no table to man early first thing every morning, this might turn out to be a nice party atmosphere for me.

I'd like to really let my hair down for just one Con. Twisted Evil

Sooooo, how does one get a room in a hotel that is close to most of the action? I want to book now so we get in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Shivilow Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:57 pm

I would wait till October to book cause that's when everything opens up but the 5 host hotels are the Hyatt, the Marriott Markie,the westin,the Sheraton, and the Hilton. I'm gonna try to book next years room in the Sheraton so I won't have to walk far to the star wars party. Not to mention have 2 of my room mates carry drunken shivilow to the car up hill. Lol.

The website for Dragoncon will let you know when the rooms are open up to book for next years con which is normally in late October to early November.anyways I hope to see you next year zannah here at Dragoncon. :d
Darth Shivilow
Darth Shivilow
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks Shivilow, and I'm looking forward to your costume submission. Did you get the tabbards done to cover the designs on your dress? I haven't yet seen it completed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Shivilow Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh yes the tabs covered them beautifully I even took two sets of pics one with the cloak and one without. I will send the pics your way tonight after I get home from class
Darth Shivilow
Darth Shivilow
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:15 pm

This is excellent news! This has been a very long time coming. I am eager to see your costume. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Forthright Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:49 pm

The Hilton will be opening up for reservations today at 3:00 PM EST. The host hotels sell out very, very fast so if you can afford the one night deposit, I'd go for it.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

**edit***

aaaaaand they are gone. Just got word it sold out by 6 pm after opening for registrations at 3 pm. Sorry folks!
Darth Forthright
Darth Forthright
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE160

http://www.cultofuhf.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Xanthus Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

My pics so far
Darth Xanthus
Darth Xanthus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE085

Character sheet
member sheets: No Data on subject.

http://darthxanthus.wix.com/sots

Back to top Go down

Post by Vad Kaar Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:15 pm

DragonCon 2012 Labor Day weekend Atlanta GA Mission Report.

Transmission inn this is Vad Kaar TDE-121

After just a week after Star Wars Celebration 6, The Grimm brothers (as we are called Vad Kaar, Dar'Jetii, and Prudii) and Lord Draconis attended DragonCon.

What is DragonCon you ask;

Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe! Held every Labor Day weekend in Atlanta GA. Just make sure to book your rooms early they will sell out fast.

DragonCon what can I say it’s not your normal con it’s a 24/7 convention that starts on Thursday night and ends Monday after noon. There are panels during the day and parties all night like concerts to raves and even a drum circle that last till morning. It was great to meet other TDE members not yet met yet. I like to thank Kirk "Leezard" Hardtle” 501st Legion - Celebrity Relations Officer for inviting TDE to the 501st DragonCon mixer it was a fun time to meet other members from the 501st, Rebel Legion, and Mando Mercs from USA and other parts of the world. On Saturday September 1st TDE marched in the parade at DragonCon for the first time. I like to thank Lord Draconis, Dar’Jedii, Dark Jedi Kyen, and Darth Forthright for marching in the parade for TDE and I was also part of that as well. It was great to march in front of the Mando Mercs and lead the way for the 501st Legion. We found some other Sith to march with us as well and hopefully they will become members soon. It was great to have kids and kids at heart take their picture with us and putting a smile on there faces. There was much to see and do being a 24/7 convention that is. I look forward to next year so we can see more members of TDE come down and plan more events.

Signing out this Is Vad Kaar TDE-121 Assistant Jen'ari (Yavin 4 Temple) (Sedriss of the B.O.S.S. Spire)
Vad Kaar
Vad Kaar
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE121

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Shivilow Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:51 am

I have two pictures with fellow tde members who were at dragoncon so here they are

^Lord Phyre also photo bombed me in the next pictures too....

^and just for fun thats me as Bellatrix walking behind Snape
Darth Shivilow
Darth Shivilow
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content