The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

BASIS Mesa Comic Con Event 11/19

3 posters

Go down

BASIS Mesa Comic Con Event 11/19 Empty BASIS Mesa Comic Con Event 11/19

Post by Darth Rokahn Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:56 am

All: I need to get some feedback on this because they are trying to move the dates around to accommodate us which is very nice.

Edit: the date has been confirmed for 11/19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: TDEcostumeclub
Sent: Wed, Sep 7, 2016 10:57 am
Subject: NEW POSSIBLE DATES for BASIS Mesa Comic Con Event 11/19 or 12/3

Hello friends,

I emailed and/or filled out online form request for our Comic Con Event that was to be held on Sat. November 5th. We have heard from a few people and discovered that Nov. 5th is a busy day for many of you.

We are able to change our date of our event to either Saturday, Nov. 19th or Saturday, December 3rd depending on everyone's availability.
We are looking at an approximate time of 2 or 3 pm until 5 or 6 pm on either of the above mentioned dates.

I have attached my previous email below to remind you of our plans for our Comic Con Event.

Thank you again for your consideration,
Kirsta Chandler

Hello!

My name is Kirsta Chandler and I have a daughter in 4th grade at BASIS Mesa school, located in the Eastmark Community (Ray & Ellsworth roads, Mesa).

The Parent Booster Club at BASIS Mesa is looking to have a Comic Con Event on Saturday, November 5th. We are not locked into a time yet, but are expecting it to be late-day (unless vendor schedules do not permit). We have access to hold the event on the huge field next to the school and near the Orange Monster play area.

The Parent Booster club uses these opportunities to bring families together and raise monies for our teachers so we can retain quality teachers for this rigorous school. Our kids and teachers work so hard and we love to try and give them a chance to let it all hang out and have fun.  

We have over 700 children who attend Basis Mesa and many who absolutely LOVE superheroes, cosplay, etc. This type of event is right up their alley (my daughters started playing D&D weeks ago and have fallen in love with it. They made me go out to buy costumes for their characters already!).

By attending this event you will have exposure to many families from the school and families in the neighborhood of Eastmark. We could really use your help to make this a great event.

I know you may require basic information (are there secure dressing areas, drinks for volunteers, etc. - yes to these)... I will have more details forthcoming and am happy to fill out a "request for appearance form" as needed.  For now, we are checking to see your availability for this event.

Thank you for any consideration with our event.  

Kirsta Chandler
480-316-8367

Tisha Huish
202-607-6789
 http://www.basismesaboosters. org/

Last edited by Darth Rokahn on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Official Member # : TDE248

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

BASIS Mesa Comic Con Event 11/19 Empty Re: BASIS Mesa Comic Con Event 11/19

Post by dark tabby Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:43 pm

I dont think I can make it to ither date. I have a class that stats Saturday oct.29 for three week and move right to another class for three weeks No
dark tabby
dark tabby
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE329

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by stardancer1914 Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:12 am

I will be there
stardancer1914
stardancer1914
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE304

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://www.mycustompictureframer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rokahn Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:19 am

Hello Cosplay Groups!

BASIS Mesa is super excited to have you helping out with the Comic Con we are putting on Sat., Nov. 19th from 4-8 PM. We do have a Facebook page that you can share and your volunteers can use if they need information.
https://www.facebook.com/BASIS-Mesa-Comic-Con-at-Eastmark-660977380728144/?fref=ts

I will be your main contact at the event and we have rooms for your costume changes, water, snacks, etc. for your groups. You can start arriving early enough to make your costume changes... I imagine this would be between 3 and 3:30 PM.
My cell is 480-316-8367. Tisha Huish is your alternate contact. She can be reached at 202-607-6789.

The committee has decided to have 3 photo booth locations and would love it if some of your volunteers could pose for photos for a little bit. We are happy to have you walk around and do photos as well, but at the photo booths our staff will be collecting money to have a "posed" photo with a backdrop so families can purchase these, with all the monies going to the Annual Teacher Fund. This is going to be a "DONATION" station so hopefully it should be ok and pose no conflicts/legal issues.

We have a lot of different groups attending so (so far 8 groups) so I am sure the time at the photo booths will be about 1/2 hour or less. Please alert me with any concerns you have about doing the photo booths - best times, not willing to participate, etc. We are hoping to have a schedule for the photo booths before the event. We will have one posted at the event as well. *If you have a backdrop that you want to use, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks and see you soon,
Kirsta Chandler
Darth Rokahn
Darth Rokahn
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)
Tyran'ari (PR Officer)

Official Member # : TDE248

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content