The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Flagstaff 4th of July parade.

Go down

Flagstaff 4th of July parade. Empty Flagstaff 4th of July parade.

Post by janalynn Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Monday, July 4th. Flagstaff 4th of July parade.

Parade usually begins at 9:00 (I will get all the hardcore facts when I go to the pre-meeting about this closer to the date), so we need to be geared up and ready by then.

Victoria and Will Rogers from the 501st usually get to the site around 7:30.

The parade takes about 20 minutes to walk. There is a get together afterwards

There will be ice coolers filled with plenty of water for you and have snacky things like granola bars and such for you to keep energy and morale high Smile. This has become a really big event and it is appreciated for all that come. Last year was the largest group to date and we seem to be getting bigger every year!!!

We always have a blast and I am looking forward to seeing you all. And yes, we do need wranglers, so bring the significant others and make it a family affair:)
janalynn
janalynn
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE257

Back to top Go down

Flagstaff 4th of July parade. Empty Re: Flagstaff 4th of July parade.

Post by janalynn Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Hey troopers, a very special request.

The gentleman who owns Satchmo’s, which is the place we are going for our meet and greet on Sunday, July 3rd, has asked is we would be willing to come to an event for just about 2 hours (max) right after the parade on the 4th.

A little background. Satchmo’s is a really great local restaurant. I contacted the owner to see if they could handle a group of our size for the meet and greet on Sunday night. It’s a really small restaurant and I knew it would be a stretch. When we talked he said that he is just in the process of opening a satellite location (called Roux 66) specifically for larger groups, banquets and the like and that they would love to host us. He then admitted what huge Star Wars nerds he and many of his guys at Satchmo’s are. So the idea of doing a meet and greet for us was right up their alley.

While we were talking he said he had really wanted to host a special event for this charity group he works with often and since we were going to have so many people up here already for the parade would it be possible for us to do it on that day right after the parade

The charitable organization is called ‘Shadows Foundation {you can read about them here. They are a non- profit organization that helps families, who have members with chronic illnesses, manage things like their bills, or food or even transportation. Basically anything they have need of.
On Monday, after the 4th of July parade, he is hosting an event for the children of families who have parents with cancer. He is going to do an entire Star Wars theme.

As a thank you for us helping with this event he is willing to provide lunch (no charge) for everyone who comes out to troop. (in costume)

They would, of course, appreciate anything you would be able or willing to donate to the charity (not to the restaurant). He even said that if people have to troop and then dash back down the hill they are even willing to do grab and go lunch for you. He is just so excited to have us come out and says the kids are going to go nuts when they see us there (as we know they will)

He has plenty of space for us to go in through the back and get changed in and out of costume.

Please consider this and let me know if you would be willing to troop this extra little bit of time, in exchange for a seriously yummy lunch before you head back down the hill. Right now we are guessing it will be from around noon to 2. He is going to request that his group be placed in the parade near our group, so that we can all leave close to the same time and they will be ready for us.

The official time for this event is to troop from 1-3. We should be done with the parade by 11 at the latest. After the parade, we will get changed (out of armour) so we can go and sit and cool down and eat lunch before the event. The business next door to the banquet hall has donated their space so we have plenty of space to get ready after we eat lunch to troop for that 2 hours.
janalynn
janalynn
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE257

Back to top Go down