The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013

+3
Sith Princess Revan
Etain Thrail
Lord Bruticus
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013 Empty Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:28 am

Myself and a representative from Saber Guild will be visiting Hillsides on April 10th, to discuss the particulars for this year's event. Hillsides has become an annual TDE tradition in the Coruscant Temple, and the kids there love us. And so does the staff!

All STAR WARS clubs, of course, will be invited, and Saber Guild will definitely put on a show once again this year. Once I have a solid date for this year's event, I will add the date to the subject line of this thread, and edit this first post so that it contains all the pertinent info you will need, including address and directions, and some extra rules to follow. Remember, the kids here have been through the system most of their lives, and they have all been to several other orphanages (children's group homes) and facilities prior to coming here. Hillsides is their final stop, and the place is massive; there is even a K-12 school on the property. Most kids in residence range in ages from about 8-18.

The most important rule, perhaps, to remember is that no photos of the kids can be posted on the web; absolutely none. Many of the kids that live there are there for security reasons, having been removed from hostile environments. Hillsides is mostly funded (about 90%) by the state of California, and all of the children there are wards of the state.

This is by far my most favorite trooping event of all, and I can't wait to get this started once again. This will be the third year that TDE has hosted the other STAR WARS clubs at this very special event. Hillsides was founded in 1913, and they're celebrating their centennial this year; I therefore want this to be the best joint troop we've done for them yet. I'll be sending out formal invites to all of the clubs (Legions, Mercs, etc) after the meeting on April 10th, and once I have this post updated.

Here are photos and a mission report from last year:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Hillsides is located in South Pasadena. Here is their website, for your basic information. Please do NOT contact them regarding the trooping event; there are a number of safety protocols that must be adhered to. I'm serving as the point of contact for TDE and all other STAR WARS clubs involved with this troop:

I am in regular email contact with them, and I can tell you that both the staff and the kids there are EXREMELY eager for us to return. Here is a letter they sent us after last year's troop, to all of the clubs that participated:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Stay tuned for more details!!

UPDATE! -- SEE POSTS BELOW

Last edited by Lord Bruticus on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013 Empty Re: Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013

Post by Etain Thrail Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am

Can't Waitfor this event!!!!

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013 Empty Re: Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013

Post by Sith Princess Revan Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

can't wait!
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE 076

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

http://ashleymkalfas.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:26 am

We can't wait to have you visit the Coruscant Temple once again, SPR! Hillsides Orphanage STAR WARS Day Aug.03, 2013 4111028969
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Super excited for this event! Cant wait!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE181

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Looking forward to trooping this event.
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE048

Character sheet
member sheets: .I am the third Darth Mortis to become Dark Lord Of The Sith since 3,851 BBY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 pm

UPDATE!!!

Had a very productive meeting at Hillsides yesterday. Here is the formal invite, along with important things for attending costumers to know, that I will be sending out to the other clubs later tonight:

Hillsides orphanage troop – August 03rd 2013

Where:
Hillsides
940 Avenue 64
Pasadena, Ca. 91105

Email me (see below) if you would like a PDF file with freeway directions to the facility and a
campus map. We will be meeting at the the reception area (where the roundabout circle is on
the map); the area we will troop at is practically at that location, and they will have a changing area nearby for us. Males and females will have separate changing areas. Since it is a Saturday, we can park anywhere on the property, as long as it is in a marked parking stall.

When:
Saturday, August 3rd. Costumers are requested to show up starting from 9am to 10:30am. The event itself starts at 11am and will last for approximately 90 minutes to two hours.

Weapon props (such as blasters and lightsabers are okay.

The show will start with a “Meet and Greet,” where costumers will mingle with the kids, pose for photos, and sign autographs. Saber Guild will perform their choreographed llightsaber show at approximately noon, and more photo taking may take place afterwards for a short while. The kids will then eat lunch while we gear down; Hillsides will then treat us to a pizza lunch afterwards, as they've done for the past two years.

Joe “Lord Bruticus” Mignano TDE-021

You may reach me if you have any questions via PM on the TDE forums, or email at

Things you need to know:
As with all of our troops of this type (and per TDE policy), this event is open to members of
any group like ours that would like to join us in costume, including the Mandalorian Mercs, the
501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Fanforce, Saber Guild, The Jedi Assembly, etc. Other Star Wars
costumers may also join us, as long as they are willing to adhere to our rules (by and large,
the same rules of trooping etiquette exist in all of the groups just mentioned).

Hillsides was founded in 1913 (This is their centennial year!), and is tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood in South Pasadena. There is an old and historic Mission church ("Church of the Angels") on the property. The church is viewable from the street, but the actual orphanage ("children's group home" in modern terminology) is not.

The orphanage is 90% funded by the state of California, however, they do rely also on donations and volunteer work for much of the services they offer, which also includes counseling services, and one-on-one education in a school they have on the property for grades 2 through 12. For more information about the campus, the services they offer, and how to donate and/or volunteer, their website is [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Please do not contact the staff at Hillsides about this event.
I'm serving as liaison for all fan groups participating, but would be happy to help arrange anything you might need if you would like to contact the staff their about their facility.

Just like last year, they (still) have exactly 66 kids in residence there; not all of them are the same kids as last year. - We were meant to do this!!

The kids range in ages from 8 to 18 years of age. The average age is about 12.

These kids have been in approximately five facilities prior to coming to Hillsides; they have all
really been through the system. They therefore have an understandable need to smile, and
last year they did just that! They were very happy last year, and are all excited that we are
returning.

Due to security and safety reasons, we cannot post any photos we take with kids there on the internet. No photos of any children there can appear on the web. For a good number of them, it's imperative that their location remain "safely anonymous." Hillsides will have their own photographer on hand for this event. We may take our own pictures, but it is very important that we follow this rule for the safety of the kids in residence there.

The annual STAR WARS event at Hillsides was started by me in 2011, and both the kids and staff there have really come to look forward to it; they all really love us. It is by far my most favorite trooping event of them all.

See y'all there!

Joe “Lord Bruticus” Mignano
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:08 am

Awesome! I'll start planning the trip! can't wait to see you all again!
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:54 pm

You know I will do by best to be there

Etain Thrail

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Tannos Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

I've missed out on the past couple years, I'm making sure I can make it this time =D
Darth Tannos
Darth Tannos
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE182

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002526032036

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Tannos Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am

Sith Princess Revan wrote:Awesome! I'll start planning the trip! can't wait to see you all again!

It would be an honor and a pleasure to see you again...and of course this time to actually work with you hahahaha
Darth Tannos
Darth Tannos
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE182

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002526032036

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:48 am

I'll make sure to get this day off if end up getting the job I'm interviewing for. I don't want to miss this event, I had such a blast last year.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:51 am

Indeed Darth Tannos, it'll be good to see you again as well. And of course troop with everyone that will be there
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 am

So my schedule just came out for this week and unfortunately Disney is not going to let me attend this event. ;-(

Etain Thrail

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 am

that is sad, you will be missed at the event.
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:58 am

awwww =( hopefully I'll be able to get that day off too! Will putting in the request next week since the schedule is done on a week by week basis.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:33 pm

An acquaintance of mine that is in the R2 Builders group has agreed to bring his R2D2 unit (exact replica) to troop with us at this event.  I've let Hillsides staff know, and they are super excited.  Staff will be there starting at 9am to welcome us, and Artoo should be getting there at about the same time.

They also advise us that we won't have as much office space to change in as last year, so we might want to gear up / gear down in "shifts."   Separate male and female changing areas should still be available.

See you all soon!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Artoo will now be getting there at about 10:30am, pretty close to showtime at 11.

I'll be getting there at 9am Saturday. See you all soon!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:28 pm

awesome sounds good! can't wait Very Happy
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by shogun.vader Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 am

I'll be attending as well. One last troop for my Armor before complete renovations for c7. I can't wait and hope it doesn't fall apart.

I'll see you all there.

shogun.vader
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE059

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 am

So, this will be Shogun Vader's last stand? It shall be a troop long remembered. Seeya Saturday!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Looks like the Tyran'ari will be able to attend!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see everyone again Very Happy
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Great news, Jo!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:57 pm

yup I will also be bringing along the Jen'ari and a forum member with me as well!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next