The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

+6
Darth Radix
Lord Draconis
Darth_Ziro
Darth Anino'j
Sith Princess Revan
Lord Bruticus
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

Post by Darth Anino'j Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I think that would be awesome! Maybe we can do it saturday morning? Like we did last uear with the big group.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE181

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013 Southern Calif.

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Saturday morning might be best; we certainly all want to be in costume for it. I plan to be in either my custom Sith or Sidious on Saturday (most likely my custom); will be in TDE shirt on Sunday.

I haven't heard any talk about a large group photo of all costumed attendees this year, but that still may happen. If not, I'm thinking maybe before the con opens on Saturday, in front of the TDE table?
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 am

I'm down with that, tho since we only have 2 exhibitor passes we would have to wait till the con opens to do it. We can always hash out the details when it gets closer so that way we know how many people are coming and we can coordinate. But yes in costume would be great!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm thinking we should probably edit the first post of this event thread with a table duty roster.

But first, can we get a show of how many members are committed to this event? I am going to try and take what little vacation time I have at work, so I should be able to man the table most of the time, if it comes to that.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Saturday is very iffy right now for me especially with it being the week before thanksgiving....work is gonna be busy.She has already said that weekends off will probably be scarce starting the weekend before. I barely got this saturday off. I plan on being there sunday, So I can work the table for a couple hrs then. Hopefully if I get the boyfriend signed up on the forums before then, i can get him to help along with me. if that is the case, maybe we can take two pictures and have them photoshopped into one so we can show how many members we had there all together.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:40 am

Are there any other Coruscant members able to attend?
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:23 am

I will try.

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 am

Darth Ziro TDE-129 donated two STAR WARS Vinylmation collecitible figures, mint in box, for the Wounded Warrior charity raffle at the convention. That makes three items we have so far; we need a half-dozen more items with a minimum $5 value each (raffle tickets will be five dollars each). The grand prize so far is the Imperial Knight saber hilt, donated by the Sedriss of the Spire of the Storm, Lord Xanthus.

Thank you, Darth Ziro, for donating these two items! Let's see if we can get some more soon before the con.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 am

I will try to attend as well.
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE048

Character sheet
member sheets: .I am the third Darth Mortis to become Dark Lord Of The Sith since 3,851 BBY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 am

Excellent!  Although the floor plan is not up on the LBCHC website just yet, I just received a full / final exhibitor list and floor map.  We will be at table 663 (aisle 2500).  

Our sister club The Mandalorian Mercs will be immediately to our left, and the Twin Suns group will be to our right.  Saber Guild will have a display in the same aisle, just a few tables down from us; the 501st Legion appears to have a HUGE display set up around the corner from us (possibly for their "Blast-A-Trooper" charity activity).  I'm not sure if we can pull off a "Sith Inquisition" at this event, especially if our member attendance is low.  However, I KNOW we'll doin' just that at Celebration 2015 Long Beach Comic and Horror Con - Nov.23-24 2013   Southern Calif. - Page 2 4111028969 

I also have a timetable for when we'll be allowed to set up and break down the table, etc. Most likely, if I can get Friday off, I'll be up there Friday afternoon to set up the table.  I'll post the timetable for that in another post soon.

For now, we desperately need at least five or six more items (we only have three) for the Wounded Warrior Project raffle.  Lets see what we can come up with; its already November - please don't wait until the event to donate an item (must have $5 value or higher).  I'll see what I can up with, as well.  

This is a great opportunity for us to recruit new members, and we need them so that we can plan more events in Coruscant.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Here is the Exhibitor move-in timetable:

Friday  November 22, 2013  12:00pm-5:00pm

Hours of convention operation (show hours):

Saturday, November 23  9:30am  -7:00pm

Sunday, November 24    9:30am – 5:00pm

*All Booths must be show ready by 9:30am on Saturday, November 23, 2013

I am going to put in for vacation from work for the Friday through Sunday, so that hopefully I will be free to head up there and set up our table on Friday afternoon.  I can't guarantee it, but I should be able to.  I'll post if there are any problems.  

Some of the things I have for our display are:

- Three-foot wide HoloNet Audio Dramas table sign
- 100+ audio CDs
- Donated raffle items (we desperately need more)
- raffle tickets

PROPS:
- Two Sith holocrons
- Ancient Sith lightsaber hilt w/ Sith markings and stand (I might not use this, so it doesn't get confused for the saber in the raffle)
- Flip book of TDE trading cards (display only; cards cannot be removed from book)
- video slideshow of TDE members in costume (if power is available only)
- table cover
- Coruscant Temple banner
- TDE and HNAD biz cards

PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR LIGHTSABERS OR PERSONAL WEAPON PROPS OR OTHER ITEMS ON THE DISPLAY TABLE.  We will be limited for space.  If you need a place to put your personal items, please put them out of view behind the table.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you have any questions; hope to see as many of you as possible in a few weeks!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I shoukdnt have the munchkin this weekend, so fridy i shoukd be able to help set up the table with you. I can also gice you the cookiea i plan on baking just incase im not there on satirday.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Okey Dokey, sounds good! We should probably clear with the con staff ahead of time, if we plan to have cookies to hand out, as well. Shall I email them and get clearance?
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm

So I just got the good news. I will be attending this convention on Friday and Saturday. Yea...

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Yay. I should be there on friday to help set up as well as be there Sunday! Hopefully I can be there Saturday for a bit. Also I have lgotten a new table cloth for any more events that we have so we can always change it around a bit. It's gonna be red so all I need now is a black table runner or another black table cloth that we can fold in half and have at the table. Fiegured we can change it up a bit!
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:07 pm

I just emailed Martha (convention staff) to get permission to hand out cookies at the event, just is case they have a policy otherwise. I'll post as soon as we have the ok.

Stephen, the event is Saturday and Sunday - LOL. I'll be heading up there on Friday at about Noon to set up the table, which is when they'll let us in to set up.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Ok let me know...if not the people working the table will have cookies lol.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortis Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:08 am

Whats the situation with comp tickets?
Darth Mortis
Darth Mortis
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE048

Character sheet
member sheets: .I am the third Darth Mortis to become Dark Lord Of The Sith since 3,851 BBY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:45 am

As far as I know we were getting two tickets. Joe was going to get one because he has been setting everything up...as far as the other goes...I'm going to let joe decide who gets that one.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:33 am

I just got the following back from Martha:

Hi Joe,

We are not able to approve outside food in the Convention Center (they want everyone to buy food from them), and they reserve the right to destroy anything they find that's not in compliance.  But let's say you never asked.

Thanks,
Martha

I think, therefore, that cookies might not be a good idea at this con.  It looks like Martha is willing to look the other way, but the convention center folks will frown on it.

As for comp passes, they are giving us two.  I appreciate being granted one of them.  For the remainder, I think it should go to a member that wants to attend but may be having a hard time with paying admission.  (It's a pretty cheap con, in my estimation, at $45 for both days.)  Otherwise, I think it should go to the Jen'ari.  I'll let the Jen'ari decide if there is a member that needs it.

---

On a separate note, I've made a heavy-hearted decision, but I feel it is the right one.  With the exception of the Hillsides orphanage troop next year (I started it, I'd like to keep it going) and Celebration in 2015, LBCHC this year will be my final troop.  I'll still be a member here, carrying on the HNAD website and the TDE website (I own both, LOL), but that is all.  I no longer have the stomach for a lot of the grief that has branched away from this organization, especially at my expense.  I'll spare the rest of the reasoning, but know that TDE has been my home for more than four years, and I like to think I did my part to get it where it is today.  I'll keep both websites going, and will pop in here on the forums from time to time after LBCHC is over, though not everyday like I've done all this time. I will consider myself "semi-retired" after this convention.  It's been both an honor and a pleasure, and I am still pleased to remain as webmaster of thedarkempire.org and holonetaudiodramas.com    

May the force continue to serve us all well, wherever and however it leads us.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks joe! Good to know about the food issue. As for the other pass, it can go to someone who will be there both days to help you at the table. I'll be buying my pass separately since I believe I'll on,y be able to make it one day. However, I can be there to help set up on Friday so I'll probably only use it then to set up. Other than that, it can go to someone else.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:54 pm

So I just purchased tickects for the boyfriend and I to go on Sunday. So I will be there to help on sunday.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Excellent.   I'll be there around 1pm for setup on Friday.  The place will be completely empty when they lest us in at noon for setup, so I'll give 'em a chance to get the tables out first, LOL.

I'll bring all the props 'n' stuff then.  I have a black table cover, if we don't want to use the red/black ground beef-lookin' one I have (it's two-sided).  I suppose we can decide then.

I'm very worried about the raffle; we only have three items and it's starting to get very close to the con now.  I'll see what I can donate - I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't more.  We had many months to prepare for this.

Anino'j, since you're Jen'ari, can you start a table-duty roster at the bottom of the first post of this thread (for charter-compliance)?  It doesn't have to be precise, but we should at least have an idea about who will start us off, etc, in two-hour increments.  I think a group photo on Saturday at some point should probably be thrown on there, as well.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Anino'j Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 am

Yeah i can do that. I just need a list of people who are.going on what days.
Darth Anino'j
Darth Anino'j
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:25 am

Members that plan on attending, please do so.  I will be there both days, Jaden Korr has posted that he will be there Saturday, and I believe Lord Mortis would like to attend.

TDE members trooping this, please verify here so that our Jen'ari can make the necessary list.

Lord Mortis, if you need accommodations, Chateau Brutallica is at your disposal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note, I posted the following on Facebook earlier today, about the charity raffle we are doing:

I've decided to donate three lightsabers, including two first-run Prophecies from Ultrasabers (they only made 600 from their first version, one of these is blue, the other green), the other a nice white-LED Saberforge piece, from my personal collection to complement the Imperial Knight hilt dinated by TDE's Spire of the Storm that will be raffled off at Long Beach Comic and Horror Con in a couple of weeks, to benefit the Wounded Warrior project. Blades will not be included, but the three I'm donating are in working order and are combat worthy. LBCHC will be my final con for quite a while (tgis is my first con since LBCHC last November), so here's to making it a good one. Look for them at The Dark Empire fan group table, #663 Nov. 23 &24. Let's see how much we can raise for the Wounded Warrior Project!

I also came up with the following rules for the raffle itself. I'll make a sign that can be posted with the following info:

RAFFLE Rules:

We will hold two raffle drawings:

Saturday at 6p.m.
Sunday at 4p.m.

Three numbers will be drawn each time.
Two of the lightsabers and one of the Vinylmations will be raffled each time.
You must be present to win.
We cannot ship the items.
Anyone may participate.
All proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next