The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade 07 JUNE 2013

5 posters

Go down

George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade  07 JUNE 2013 Empty George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade 07 JUNE 2013

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 am

Hey gang -

I received the following email from the Sales Manager of the Doubletree Hotel in Modesto, CA. I let him know we'd discuss this, and then I'd get back with him.

I don't think we as a club can participate in the actual parade itself, however, that may also be a possibility.

For now, I'd like to see if there is enough interest in this to troop it as a club. I don't think I'll be able to make it, however, there is a chance that I might be able to (depends on when we schedule the Hillsides troop this year).

Please read the following email, and post below if you think you might be available to troop this in costume, even if we might not make it into the actual parade itself. If there is enough interest (he's calling for 10 rooms for a group rate, but if a few or more of us are going, I'll let him know), then I'll "sticky" this thread and we'll plan it accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

I wanted to reach out to you and your organization on behalf of the Doubletree Modesto and invite you and yours to come and see George Lucas, Grand Marshall for the Kiwanis Classic Car Parade on June 7th here in downtown Modesto. Many other StarWars Groups from around the state and country will be coming out to pay him homage. It’s a rare public appearance that you shouldn’t miss!

If you would like to come out for the event and stay the night, I would encourage you to reach out to me. You need a minimum of 10 rooms per night to get a group rate, but we would be happy to work with you.

Sincerely,

Frank Chafe Sales Manager

Doubletree by Hilton Modesto

1150 9th Street . Modesto . California . 95354
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade  07 JUNE 2013 Empty Re: George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade 07 JUNE 2013

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am

Giving this a bump; I need members to post if they are interested in doing this event.

At the moment, I am a "maybe," do to work, and depending on when Hillisides will be this year. Even though I'd hate to pass up a rare opportunity to meet the Maker, the orphanage means more to me.

If you think you might be able to make this event, please post here. I will try to plan Hillsides around it this year.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade  07 JUNE 2013 Empty Re: George Lucas to be Grand Marshal at Modesto parade 07 JUNE 2013

Post by Lord Draconis Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 pm

I will try my best to get out there for this. So, put me tentative.
Lord Draconis
Lord Draconis
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)
Sith Lord (TDE Founder)

Official Member # : TDE002

http://www.myspace.com/orionknightstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Mayhem Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:01 pm

god california is so far away... id love to be there though
Darth_Mayhem
Darth_Mayhem
Costume Inquisitor
Costume Inquisitor

Official Member # : TDE026

Character sheet
member sheets: Blade Master

https://facebook.com/samuraillama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Since this event hasn't yet appeared publicly on any boards that I can find, I've contacted Mary Franklin, just to make sure that this is a legitimate event. I imagine that it most likely is, but better to be safe than sorry. Usually, the Legions and theforce.net have things like this well covered; I have yet to see anything.

I'll post here once I hear back from her. Here's what I sent:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Mary.

I received the email below from a hotel in the Modesto area, but have not seen this event on any forums, including that of the 501st. Can you please confirm for me if this is a legitimate event that George Lucas will be participating in? And if so, will it be safe for me to make this information public, or would you prefer me to wait until a specfic date?

Thanks very much for your assistance, as always.

All the best,

Joe "Lord Bruticus" Mignano TDE-021
Tyran'ari (PR Officer), The Dark Empire
Host / Producer, Dark Empire Radio
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

-----Original Message-----

To: Dark Empire Radio / The Dark Empire
Sent: Fri, Feb 1, 2013 4:04 pm
Subject: George Lucas in Modesto! Doubletree Modesto

To Whom It May Concern:

I wanted to reach out to you and your organization on behalf of the Doubletree Modesto and invite you and yours to come and see George Lucas, Grand Marshall for the Kiwanis Classic Car Parade on June 7th here in downtown Modesto. Many other StarWars Groups from around the state and country will be coming out to pay him homage. It’s a rare public appearance that you shouldn’t miss!

If you would like to come out for the event and stay the night, I would encourage you to reach out to me. You need a minimum of 10 rooms per night to get a group rate, but we would be happy to work with you.

Sincerely,

Frank Chafe Sales Manager

Doubletree by Hilton Modesto
1150 9th Street . Modesto . California . 95354
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:21 pm

well if its scheduled close enough to when Hillsides is I should be able to make both, as I am planning on getting down there for Hillsides this year ^^
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE 076

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

http://ashleymkalfas.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 am

Thanks for planning to be at Hillsides again, SPR!! Cool

I heard back from Mary, her reply is below. For now, I will attempt to contact the 501st in the area, and see if they are planning anything, per her suggestion. I'm just a bit worried that no one at LFL, especiialy her, has heard of it. Though, she says it's still a possibility. I'll keep everyone informed.

----------------------------

Hello, Joe.

Honestly, I have not heard whether he is doing this event or not. As he’s from Modesto it seems possible, but it’s not an event that’s been announced around here. I also have not heard that “many Star Wars groups from around the country” are on their way to Modesto either.

Maybe drop a note to the head of the Central Garrison of the 501st in California? If anyone is planning to be involved they would be.

Mary Franklin

Sr. Events Lead

Lucasfilm, Ltd.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 am

UPDATED INFO:

This event is NOT a trooping event. This is strictly a car show / parade being put on by the local Kiwanis club in Modesto, at which George Lucas will be the Grand Marshall.

As you all know, I've been in touch with Mary Franklin on this, as well as the Central California Garrison of the 501st, in which Modesto is a part of. Here is the updated information I've obtained, from the 50st on this event:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately so far there is no actual troop. The email you were
sent was sent to an unknown number of folks who have any association
with any of the Star Wars groups throughout the world. It's strictly a
ploy from the Doubletree hotel to attempt to drum up business.

---------------------------------------

Ah yes, the lovely mass email from Frank Chafe at the Doubletree.
The hotel actually apparently doesn't have anything to do with the
parade itself. This is strictly an attempt from them to drum up
business.

As far as the actual parade, here's all that there is going on with regards to this, so far:

George Lucas has been officially announced as the Grand Marshall for the parade.
I've
been in contact with Mary Franklin at LFL to see if George's people
would be ok with us working with the Kiwanis folks to have some
participation (what that might look like is very much in the air as the
parade is strictly a classic car parade.) I'll have to assume that
Mary has indeed forgotten as she said that she might.

I'm also working on getting a meeting with the Kiwanis club to do
some preliminary work on figuring out how we might be able to
participate.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As it stands, the 501st is attempting to see if they can troop this, however, for now, this is a car parade and nothing more. I will keep in contact with the Legion if our members in the area want to see about trooping this, however, this is not a STAR WARS event at this time.

A rather clever marketing ploy by Doubletree Hotels, apparently, though. If nothing else, we've gotten to the bottom of this.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Askai Katani Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 am

Thanks for the diligent work, Joe!
Askai Katani
Askai Katani
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE166
Location : Sol system - Earth, western hemisphere, north American continent, west coast, republic of California, county of Orange, lake forest

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://www.starsabers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down