The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Wizard World - Portland, Oregon Feb. 22-24, 2013

+4
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro
Aysel
Kol
Lord Bruticus
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wizard World  - Portland, Oregon  Feb. 22-24, 2013 Empty Wizard World - Portland, Oregon Feb. 22-24, 2013

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:22 am

Website and Information:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Oregon Convention Center -- Website for Convention Center - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232

Convention Dates and Hours of Operation:

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 4pm - 8pm
Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 10am - 7pm
Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 10am - 5pm

SEE WEBSITES ABOVE FOR FURTHER CONVENTION INFORMATION

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dark Empire has a good operation history with the Wizard World convention circuit; our last table at one of their cons in the Coruscant Temple was in Anaheim in 2011.

If members are interested in attending the upcoming Portland event in February, please post here in this thread. If there is enough of an interest, we can see about contacting them for a TDE table. Please be advised, however, that I have the Coruscant banner. I can ship it, minus the stand for it.

If we can get enough members for this (at least five, to ensure that the table is staffed at all times), I or another full member in Coruscant can contact Wizard World. Please post below if you are a full member and interested in trooping this.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Wizard World  - Portland, Oregon  Feb. 22-24, 2013 Empty Re: Wizard World - Portland, Oregon Feb. 22-24, 2013

Post by Kol Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm interested for sure. Meeko and I have talked about getting a banner up this way, so we'll figure it out before then.

I know the Mercs are gearing up for this event here in Portland, and I'm certain we will have ORB support as well. It sounds like what has been working well is that all the groups share a general "Star Wars" table/booth. We've done the collective representation a few times now, and each time it's been a big success.
Kol
Kol
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE175

http://www.ierpg.com

Back to top Go down

Wizard World  - Portland, Oregon  Feb. 22-24, 2013 Empty Re: Wizard World - Portland, Oregon Feb. 22-24, 2013

Post by Aysel Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:10 am

The local 501st and rebel legion probably won't have a table there, the fan table they provide are just too small. That being said I think if the table for WW could be set up something like the table for Orycon was that might work out better for the space limitation that will be there. As the rebel base commander for this area, I've gathered the Rebel legion PR stuff for handouts in preparation for this type of table set up. I'd like for there to be at least one handout per group on the table along with props that represent all the groups.
Aysel
Aysel
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE091

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 am

Smart thinking! You can use the Press Kit on our website for TDE info; we also have biz cards available. PM me for some; or our Merchandise Officer to order a full box of them.

As for props, I like to use Sith holocrons; that's been a mainstay at pretty much every TDE fan table thus far.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan'mar' War-on Dioro Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 am

I was wondering if Spotters would be permitted? If so, I would like to volunteer. I will have to see if I can get the day (Saturday only) off; from work.
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.copper.14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't see why not. Since there seems to be enough interest in this, is there a full member that would like to be the Event Coordinator for this? That person will be in charge of contacting Wizard World and planning the event on this thread, scheduling table duty, etc.

Please post here if interested.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aysel Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm

the table area for the fan table is tiny, which is why I was suggesting more of a info table then folks in costume, so I don't think spotters will be needed. What will be needed is people that are willing to sit the table and talk up the clubs. Also this is the weekend before ECCC so I don't think I'll be able to be there but if someone is willing to sit the table I'm willing to volunteer things for it. As for holocrons, Kol has the book of sith holocron and that was a big hit on the table, as were all the lightsabers

Tan'mar' War-on Dioro wrote:I was wondering if Spotters would be permitted? If so, I would like to volunteer. I will have to see if I can get the day (Saturday only) off; from work.
Aysel
Aysel
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE091

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Sounds good. I think the Press Kit on the site will do just fine for this, then. Do we have someone willing to attend this? I know that Wizard World has a policy that all fan tables must be staffed at all times, as is also our own club policy.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Seron Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 am

Fresh out of my Vicodin haze and surgery=if all the groups want to share a table I'm cool with it. We'll just need to figure out who will be there when, what times and how we're going to spit the comp tickets.
Darth Seron
Darth Seron
Forum Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kol Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Being that the tables are small and that they only will allow one table per group, my suggestion is that both the mercs and TDE get their own table, and then we treat them as collective tables. It would double our display space, the number of tickets we get, and get us a lot more attention from the fanbase. We could request the tables be near or next to our sister table, and maybe even push them together if they allow it the day of. If there is a separation between tables though, that's not necessarily a bad thing; we'd had costumed members walking between tables and supporting all groups. Rather than a competition, it'd be cooperation. The mercs send people over to TDE, and TDE sends people over to the mercs. We could even break it up into two categories if we wanted. Force users and non. I.e. lightsabers, robes, and my holocron at one table; blasters, helmets, armor, and sexy smuggler hats at the other. Yeah, ou know what I'm talkin bout Seron. :-P
Kol
Kol
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 pm

A good suggestion, Kol. The only issue is logistics: In order for TDE to have its own table, we need to ensure ahead of time that there are enough TDE members willing to staff it, and commit to table duty in a roster here on the forums, first. Right now, we are attempting to ascertain if we have enough members for just that, which I am not seeing yet.

For a two-day convention, we will need a minimum of five people to pull off keeping a table staffed for the duration of convention hours. If we can establish that here, then we can proceed with that.

Otherwise, I very much like the idea of combining forces with the Mercs and ORB (especially since ORB recently made me an honorary member, LOL).

So, let's do this - those that are willing to commit to troop this con, regardless of whether or not TDE has a table there, please post here, below. Based upon responses, if we have enough, I'll select one of you as a TDE point of contact in that area, and we can coordinate with Wizard World for a table. Otherwise, we can try to work with another club(s) as a backup plan.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kol Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 am

I know I am most definitely in, and would be happy to lend a hand setting everything up. I'm in constant contact with Kibiri Foxx from ORB and Drago from Seron Clan (i.e. Darth Seron). ORB has already submitted a table request, and Kibiri is bringing down his motley crew of scum and villainy. The Mercs are in the process of table discussion (like us).

Anyways, long story short: I'm in. That's one.
Kol
Kol
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan'mar' War-on Dioro Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 am

Would the Dark Empire be willing to have a member of the Galactic Empire at your table; at least for one day?
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kol Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Depends on if you plan to leave with all your appendages attached. But most likely yes.
Kol
Kol
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Forum members may staff a table, no problem with that!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Seron Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Mercs table app is away. Once I get to talking to the fan table organizer I'll work my magic and see if we can get close to each other. Right now Mercs is sitting at 3-5 people for the weekend. Kol,if you could get your hands on a TDE or DER shirt (L-XL) I'm sure one of us, that needs a break from our Merc kits, could bounce over and put a shirt on to help cover your table. I'd help out ORB (Also an ORB member) but it sounds like they might be covered for people.

Course I have enough time...could always put my Sith back into production. 1 day Merc, 1 day ORB and 1 day TDE. I plan on jumping tables whenever possible.
Darth Seron
Darth Seron
Forum Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan'mar' War-on Dioro Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 am

Lord Bruticus wrote:Forum members may staff a table, no problem with that!
Lord Bruticus,

Thank you, but can I do so in my Imperial Crewman/ Reserve Pilot uniform?

Last edited by Tan'mar' War-on Dioro on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro
Tan'mar' War-on Dioro

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am

Ah, Tan-Mar... that would not be wise. Basically, we respect the Legion enough to not wear their gear while performing specific functions for TDE (except for certain costumes that are TDE-acceptable).

Don't get me wrong (we had a member wearing X-Men gear on the second day of a con recently, LOL. She did her TDE duty the first day of the con.) - it's very cool to rep Star Wars while manning a table, which is why we encourage a TDE or DER or other Star Wars shirt for forum members while staffing a table. But, for a couple of reasons, we don't allow costumes that are exclusive to the 501st; we don't want people confusing us for the Legion, and we respect certain costumes as part of their realm only (like we will take bounty hunters, but not Mandalorians, out of respect for the Mercs).

We'll take Vaders and Royal Guards (we see them as dark Jedi), but not Imperial Officers, Gunners, Pilots, Stormies, etc.

I hope that makes sense to ya. It's all about mutual club respect, to put it simply.

On the other hand, if you are bouncing back and forth to help man a table for both clubs, that would be understandable. We don't have a set policy prohibiting members of other clubs manning our tables at events, however, it is a sign of respect that we typically don't do that. Our charter calls for a full member in their TDE-approved costume, or a forum member in TDE or Star Wars-related shirt.

Dark Empire Radio shirts are always available, of course. You can find those here:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by MEEKOtheBUZZSAW Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 am

So any more discussion on the table? I volunteered for the 501st/RL table that will be there already but am willing and able to assist anywhere else. Do we still need to discuss a banner? Cards would be great but I don't think I have more than one, and I'll break out my Mara Jade to wear to be official.
MEEKOtheBUZZSAW
MEEKOtheBUZZSAW
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE172

Character sheet
member sheets: Mara Jade: Black Infiltrator Suit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 am

I have the Coruscant Temple banner, here in SoCal. Shipping would be awfully expensive, though. Might I suggest a Temple -specific custom banner? Jaden Korr should be able to do that for less than twenty bucks.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kol Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

I could probably see about doing that.

Also, is there a reason this thread got bumped into the archives? We've still got a month until the event.
Kol
Kol
Official Member
Official Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:27 am

Nope, this one shouldn't be archived; it should be "stickied." Probably a clerical error; Brutal One fix.

Thanks for pointing that out! Wizard World  - Portland, Oregon  Feb. 22-24, 2013 3269195300
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by MEEKOtheBUZZSAW Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Ok, so ill be ordering a banner shortly so that is taken care of. I have my Saber rack that I can get for props unles Kol can bring or send his awesome tabel props. So we will need the press kit and what else?
ORB is also RIP at this point Sad so it sounds like it will be me, Kol, Darth Seron, and Tan'mar that have expressed interest. Is this going to be enough for a table? Is it too late for a app?
MEEKOtheBUZZSAW
MEEKOtheBUZZSAW
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE172

Character sheet
member sheets: Mara Jade: Black Infiltrator Suit

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Seron Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm going to be a Merc all weekend as my Sith is on the backburner till the job levels out.
Darth Seron
Darth Seron
Forum Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:43 am

MEEKOtheBUZZSAW wrote:Ok, so ill be ordering a banner shortly so that is taken care of. I have my Saber rack that I can get for props unles Kol can bring or send his awesome tabel props. So we will need the press kit and what else?
ORB is also RIP at this point Sad so it sounds like it will be me, Kol, Darth Seron, and Tan'mar that have expressed interest. Is this going to be enough for a table? Is it too late for a app?

As long as the table can be fully staffed at all times, then yes. However, it sounds to me like you'd need more help (there's no set minimum of people to man a table, only prior table duty / roster planning to ensure that it's always staffed during con hours).

Since the con is less than a month away, it's most likely too late to inquire on a fan table specifically for us. However, it wouldn't hurt to email them and inquire directly. Since you're in Oregon, you can agree on an Event Coordinator that is a full member (such as yourself) among those of you that are attending, and email Wizard World directly, on behalf of the group in your area. Or, if you would prefer, your Jen'ari or I can do that for you; just let one of us know. I have had a good working relationship with Wizard in the past; they know The Dark Empire well.
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next