The Dark Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm
How to join The Dark Empire

Interested in possibly joining TDE?

Simply log onto our forums and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" section! Your membership on the forums may need to be approved first before you can sign in. You must be at least 18 years of age to register on our forums. Minors aged 13-17 may join our forums, however, will require parental approval and assistance from a Council Member before forum registration can be completed.

For assistance, contact us via email TDEcostumeclub@aol.com

To obtain Full Membership within the organization, you must at be least eighteen years of age and have an approved costume that meets our costuming standards. See our Charter for information on becoming an Official Member of TDE.

If you are ready to submit a costume for full membership, you can enter The Dark Trials

Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012

+3
Etain Thrail
Sith Princess Revan
Lord Bruticus
7 posters

Go down

Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012 Empty Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey gang, this is it! First, the timing of the event has changed. We will be arriving there by 11am for gear up, with the actual troop to commence at noon. It will last for about 90 minutes. After we gear down, they will provide a small lunch for us. They will also have bottled water on hand.

Here are the particulars:

Where:

Hillsides
940 Avenue 64
Pasadena, Ca. 91105

Email me (see below) if you would like a PDF file with freeway directions to the facility and a campus map. We will be meeting at the the reception area (where the roundabout circle is on the map); the area we will troop at is practically at that location, and they will have a changing area nearby for us. Males and females will have separate changing areas. Since it is a Saturday, we can park anywhere on the property, as long as it is in a marked parking stall. There should be plenty available if you arrive by 11am.

When:

Saturday, August 4th, at 11am.

Be there by 11, even earlier if you require a considerable amount of time to gear up into your costume. This event was originally intended to be in the evening, however, it was decided that lunch time would be a much better time for the kids that day.

Lord Bruticus TDE-021
You may reach me if you have any questions via PM on the TDE forums, or email at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Things you need to know:

As with all of our troops of this type (and per TDE policy), this event is open to members of any group like ours that would like to join us in costume, including the Mandalorian Mercs, the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Fanforce, Saber Guild, The Jedi Assembly, etc. Other Star Wars costumers may also join us, as long as they are willing to adhere to our rules (by and large, the same rules of trooping etiquette exist in all of the groups aformentioned).

Hillsides was founded in 1913 (looking forward to next year already, their 100th!), and is tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood in South Pasadena. There is an old and historic Mission church ("Church of the Angels") on the property. The church is viewable from the street, but the actual orphanage ("children's group home" in modern terminology) is not.

Just like last year, they have exactly 66 kids in residence there; not all of them are the same kids as last year. - We were meant to do this!!

The kids range in ages from 8 to 18 years of age. The average age is about 12.

These kids have been in approximately five facilities prior to coming to Hillsides; they have all really been through the system. They therefore have an understandable need to smile, and last year they did just that! They were very happy last year, and are all excited that we are returning.

Due to security and safety reasons, we cannot post any photos we take with kids there on the internet. No photo of any children there can appear on the web. For a good number of them, it is imperative that their location remain "safely anonymous."

Some photos from last year, which include TDE honorary member Stephen Stanton, Rick Fitts, and other pals that trooped with us, can be found here:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Post here or contact me if you plan to attend, so I can keep a fairly accurate count of costumers that will be there.

Gang, this is my most favorite troop of them all. It has been timed to not interfere with SDCC or Celebration 6, if you are attending those (I won't be). I am honored and privileged to be able to organize this event for a second year in a row now. I really hope to see you there.

For the Empire!! For the younglings!!!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE021

Character sheet
member sheets:

http://rageofthebrutalone.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012 Empty Re: Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012

Post by Sith Princess Revan Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Awesome! I believe I joined the facebook event but SPR will be in attendance again this year! (still deciding on which costume to wear though) Very Happy
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE 076

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

http://ashleymkalfas.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012 Empty Re: Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012

Post by Etain Thrail Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Sounds GREAT!!! cheers

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 am

Looking forward to welcoming you once again to the Coruscant Temple, SPR!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 am

Giving this a bump. Members that can attend (other than those already posted above), please post here, so I can get an accurate count of TDE members going (I also need to let the staff there have an approximate number of costumers present).

As a bit of an update for this troop, the Mandalorian Mercs will join, and the Sunrinder Base of the Rebel Legion is also showing an interest. The Southern California Garrison of the 501st also has this event on their boards; I'm hoping to get a least a couple of stormies this year. Another DEFINITE is the participation of the Mandalorian Mercs, at least several of whom will be attending once again this year.

The Dark Empire is pleased to call the Mercs their sister club, and is grateful for their trooping assistance in charitable activities put on by TDE. As always, ALL Star Wars costuming clubs are welcome to join us at events such as this, provided they let us know in advance that they wish to "join us."

See you there!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 am

sadly I have to report that I wont be able to make it this year due to lack of funds for a plane ticket and hotel. Best of luck with the troop I know it'll be an amazing troop like it was last year Smile
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Princess Revan: Sith lord / Alora Kaal: Former Jedi/dark jedi at present------Darth For'teree: Twi'lek Sith ----- Xhalooren: Bounty Hunter-------Zandra Koth: Zabrak Dark Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am

Sorry to hear that, SPR, but fully understandable, especially with Celebration 6 right afterwards. I remember last year's troop at Hillsides was your first charitable trooping event with TDE, and how excited you were; we in Coruscant were as equally excited that you came so far to grace us with your presence; 66 orphans were also very happy to meet you.

You've done so much for TDE; you are indeed one of our most celebrated and accomplished club members / officers, with all of the traveling and trooping you have already done for the Empire. I regret that I won't be able to see you again at Hillisides, and that I won't be able to make C6; and sincerely hope to troop once again with the Korriban Jen'ari again before long.

Your Temple next door is honored to have such an awesome neighbor. Cool
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 pm

This event is this coming weekend. If you plan on attending, please post here or let me know directly, so that I can give the facility staff a fairly accurate count of how many costumers to expect.

I am pleased to report that the Mercs will be joining us a good numbers once again, and we have "a few interested" 501st members, as well. Still waiting to hear back from the Rebel Legion, however, I know of at least one of them that will be joining us.

This is shaping up to be a great success once again!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 am

One other thing - if you have trading cards, bring 'em!! The kids were asking everyone for 'em last year.

See y'all Saturday!!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Scios Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:56 am

I don't know if i already told you i could go or not, but I Will be going Smile
Darth Scios
Darth Scios
Official Member
Official Member

Official Member # : TDE126

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etain Thrail Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:07 am

That sounds great! I will see you there.

Etain Thrail

Official Member # : TDE061

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 am

Wish i could make it but things changed on my end, hope you all have a great time Smile I'll be there through the Force though ^^
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 am

No worries, SPR. There's always next year - their 100th anniversary! I'm glad I'll be able to see you again on Saturday during C6.

Lord Scios, I'm so glad you'll be going!! It has already been too long.

There are a number of TDE members not in Saber Guild that are coming; below is an updated list of TDE full members attending that are NOT in Saber Guild:

Lord Mortis TDE-048
Shogun Vader TDE-059
Lord Scios TDE-126

Here is a list of Saber Guild / TDE members attending thus far (Posting this here, since Saber Guild will be performing at a TDE event, these members are representing Saber Guild while performing, per TDE lightsaber combat policy in our Charter):

Lord Bruticus TDE-021 (not performing; only voice acting What a Face )
Royal Guard TDE-061
Sith Jarael TDE-067
Mirsylus TDE-066
Lady Ventress TDE-069
Darth Ziro TDE-129
Darth Draven TDE-130

If I've missed anyone, post here and/or let me know!

Several Mercs and 501st are also attending, along with other Saber Guild members, and possibly some Rebel Legion members. Even though we won't have an Honorary Member joining us this year, and some that were planning to attend cannot (a few Mercs have also said they cannot make it now, but were planning to), the turnout for this is looking to be a very good one, and I think we've got another successful joint-trooping effort brewing.

See y'all Saturday!

For the Empire!! For the younglings!!! Hillsides orphanage troop - August 4th, 2012 1646548439
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 pm

MISSION REPORT:

Lord Bruticus TDE-021 Tyran'ari of The Dark Empire
Saturday, August 04, 2012

What a successful joint trooping effort this was! The Dark Empire was joined by the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercs, Saber Guild, and Fanforce in a joint trooping effort that exemplifies what multiple fan groups, working together, can do for kids in tremendous need of a fun day and happy memories.

At Hillsides, the kids in residence there are not just orphans; all of them have been in and out of similar facilities and/or foster homes prior to living at Hillsides Children's Group Home. Many of them have really "been through the system," and all of them have a tremendous need to be loved.

A tremendous amount of love was shown and shared this day! Prior to our arrival at 11am, the kids all watched a private showing of The Phantom Menace. Immediately afterwards, the STAR WARS universe came alive!!

When the fan groups arrived, all geared up and ready to troop, the kids were assembled and waiting for us to interact with them. They had their own photographer taking pics of the kids with various costumers, and all of them had "autograph books" that they approached characters with, each one eager to have their book signed by a STAR WARS character. Many of the kids were huge STAR WARS fans!Costumed characters that had trading cards gave many of them out. After a half hour or so of autograph book signing and photo ops, the kids ate lunch, and were then treated to Saber Guild performing their award-winning lightsaber show, much to the kids delight.

After the show was over, yet another round of photo-taking and autograph signing took place. The scheduled 90-minute troop lasted for well over two hours! After the event concluded, Hillsides staff treated us all to a wonderful pizza lunch. A truly wonderful experience was had by all persons present - troopers, Sith, Jedi, Mercenaries, and younglings alike.

The Dark Empire is truly grateful to all of the costumers from the many groups that participated in this very special event for some very special kids. Their faces were all aglow; a very good sign that all went exceedingly well.

PICS CAN BE FOUND IN OUR GALLERY, AT THIS LINK:

Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:09 pm

AWESOME TROOP!! That's what it's all about alright! Good to see so many turn out!!

WAY TO GO CORUSCANT! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 pm

I want to publicly thank my brothers and sisters in The Dark Empire, and all of my costuming pals in The 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercs, Saber Guild, and Fanforce for participating in the Hillsides orphanage troop this past Saturday. I just received the following email from the director:

Hi Joe and Stephen-

WOW, what a great day! I have heard tons of positive feedback from the staff and kids. They all loved it!! Thank you so much, we’d love to make it a yearly tradition especially since so many of our kids change from year to year.

I need a mailing address for each of you or your groups to send out our formal thank you letter.

Thanks again for a great day!

Laura K

Director of Community Resources and Volunteers

Hillsides

---

This is what it's all about!! Way to go, everyone. The Brutal One is teary-eyed with happiness. And I have to go to work now. :-)

Here's a link to the TDE photo album for this event and a mission report.

I gave them our physical PO Box address, and directed her to the links section of our website for each group that attended, and stated which ones. I am proud of all of you!
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:20 pm

THIS DESERVES A STANDING OVATION!!

BRA-VOE!! BRA-VOE!!!! ..... WELL DONE INDEED! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sith Princess Revan Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Awesome! glad to hear it went so well! Very Happy
Sith Princess Revan
Sith Princess Revan
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Thanos Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 pm

So bummed I couldn't go to this. If I would have been able to I would have finished my Sith in time for it.
Darth Thanos
Darth Thanos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

Your Mando would have been just fine, pal. It was open to all groups. Only two Mercs made it in their gear. A third Merc showed up as Greedo! Or, some type of Rhodian bounty hunter, I'm guessing. alien

Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Nocturnus Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:21 am

WOW!! Outstanding job Coruscant! You all look amazing! This is becoming a yearly event that just keeps growing! You guys and gals make us proud!
Darth Nocturnus
Darth Nocturnus
Jen'ari (Temple Master)
Jen'ari (Temple Master)

Official Member # : TDE034 / SRS002

Character sheet
member sheets: Sith Lord of Night

https://www.facebook.com/DarthNocturnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Thanos Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:58 pm

The the Rodian is one of LA's mercs. He just got official there but I think he wanted to test out the Rodian stuff.
Darth Thanos
Darth Thanos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vox Deamonicus Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:31 pm

that is so awesome guys. This is one of the reasons why we do this. To bring a smile to a child's face.

Lord Vox Deamonicus

Character sheet
member sheets: I am the voice of demons, the voice of madness

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bruticus Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:46 am

I'm in tears of joy right now. I just got home from a long Friday night at work, and decided to check the TDE post office box on the way home. I wish I'd done so sooner. In it, dated August 17th (which means it probably arrived right befo
re or during C6), was this letter from Hillsides orphanage to the Mandalorian Mercs, The 501st Legion, The Rebel Legion, The Saber Guild, and The Dark Empire, thanking us all immensely for entertaining their kids. This is what it's all about!! I'm going to have this put into PDF format and will get it out to each respective club; but I wanted to share it here with all of you first. Will also frame the original. I'm Brutally proud of everyone that helped those kids, this year and last year. This is a shining example of what was demonstrated at the Fan Groups United panel at C6, with the leaders of each group (hosted by Daniel Logan, can be heard in it's entirety in episode 69 of Dark Empire Radio, now playing). The kids at Hillsides experienced things in their lives that no one should ever have to go through. To brighten their day is to accomplish more than a lot, and by each group working together that day accomplished more than just a lot. I'm sobbing uncontrollably right now...this is purely beautiful.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Lord Bruticus
Lord Bruticus
Official Member
Official Member

Character sheet
member sheets:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down